• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Skunk2 Pro Inlet......PCV??

Hello all first post,

Been following the pages for a while but felt I had to sign up and ask a question that is bugging me. So I have the Skunk2 Pro Series IM and as most of you probably already know it doesnt have the nipple for the crankcase PCV. In lockdown boredom I have been searching round trying to find best things to do. Multiple things I read suggest we shouldn't just let it vent to atmosphere although I have seen many do, but doesnt that break the vacuum which is what it is designed to do? So what are others doing. Is a catch can best thing to do and route it back in to air intake. I have IACV delete so i could plumb the outlet of a can in to that capped off bit in the intake? I just seem to have got myself really confused about it all :confused::confused:

It's an EP3.

Hi,

Do you mean the little right angle pipe at the fan belt side of the engine? If so, mines been venting to atmosphere for years.

The manifold doesn't have the fitting as you say, so the inlet side is vacuum tight, just any crank case pressure can come and go as it pleases. Everything I read at the time suggested just to leave it. I've never seen anything come out of it and no oily residue so a catch can would be a waste of time.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Do you mean the little right angle pipe at the fan belt side of the engine? If so, mines been venting to atmosphere for years.

The manifold doesn't have the fitting as you say, so the inlet side is vacuum tight, just any crank case pressure can come and go as it pleases. Everything I read at the time suggested just to leave it. I've never seen anything come out of it and no oily residue so a catch can would be a waste of time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers mate, probably have too much time on my hands reading things that don’t matter lol

Always best to be sure though.

What sort of power are you making? Assuming you've been tuned to suit the mods...

Always best to be sure though.

What sort of power are you making? Assuming you've been tuned to suit the mods...

Have only just fit the inlet, I’ve taken car off the road for a bit. Gonna get a 70mm tb. I’m using teg 4-2-1 and some cat back thing. Got a itg maxogen to go on as well. When sorted then be k100 time. The car has been a bit of a dump (18 previous owners). My brother has had to fix a load of bits that we shouldn’t of had too but we getting there

Don't bother with a TB! Loads of issues with skunk 2 ones sticking and maybe 1 or 2 hp peak difference anyway. Much better things you could be spending the money on.

Fair enough, thanks for the advice. I want to replace my breather hoses as my standard ones are dread. Is it best to get a kit or just silicone hose and cut to size

Back