• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Passenger Side windscreen wiper replacement

Has any member changed the passenger side windscreen wiper and replaced with a new original Honda one?
I can see there is a flap that you lift up to take the old one off but not sure what you do from then. I've looked online for a video or explanation but I can't find anything on the fk2 or the 9th gen UK Honda civic.
Usually before I was the car I wet the wiper blades and gently lift at the side raising the blade off the screen as they are prone to sticking and can tear, especially in warm weather and like now in lockdown when the car won't be run for some time.The other day I didn't on the passenger side and as a result the blade tore.
Hoping you're all ok
Regards Fred.

Lift the flap and pull wiper towards you as you stand near the passenger side and it will come loose and obviously the reverse to put new wiper on mate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick reply, I was going to get a new wiper from my local Honda dealership but they are closed, so I looked on line and can get one from Cox Honda Morecambe.
Once again many thanks. Regards Fred.

Hi Jason, I just wanted to ask, so if you lift the passenger wiper up fully off the screen it's very hard to reach as it comes up towards the middle of the car, so I take it did you just lift if up off the screen slightly then take it off?
Regards Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's correct mate. Just lift away from screen about 2 or 3 inch and pull wiper towards you (it's only 1cm)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back