• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Thoughts on this one?

The other Hondas listed there were Cat C/D.

Is that why this one appears cheap?

Hmmmm I can’t see anything about it being a cat c/d, and I thought they were meant to tell you/highlight the fact it was? (Or is it up to me to find out for myself?)

Not saying it is but it is worth checking, easy to miss the check box when filling in the advert or they might genuinely not be aware yet.
Should show up in any HPI check but I'm not sure where the information on Cat C/D comes from.

Yes they are legally required to describe the car accurately or you could reject it after purchase because of their serious omission.

That one was written off and the owner got paid out. There is a post on facebook about this exact car! STAY CLEAR!

It all seems very dodgy to me and 14k to repair was the estimate. The sad thing is someone will buy that without questioning it :eek:

I wonder if it is worth me firing off an email to the seller to make him aware - at least that way he can mention it in the advert etc?

No doubt they are aware given the rest of their stock. It is just not a registered insurance write off, so they don't have to declare previous extensive damage that has been repaired privately.

As with all used car purchases, buyer beware.

I wonder if it is worth me firing off an email to the seller to make him aware - at least that way he can mention it in the advert etc?

You can try - it should appear on HPI - worth reporting it to them.

Also worth reporting to Autotrader.

Dealer might be innocently unaware but..........................

If it hasn’t been reported by insurance then will it show up on a HPI report? Just wondering for future how you are supposed to spot the dodgy ones if they haven’t been declared?

Literally thousands of car for sale that are un recorded write offs. Insurance companies often dont apply markers so they can sell them for more. Shocking but true. There are apps that check salvage auctions by reg and vin to spot these. From memory mycarcheck is one. Watchdog covered this about a year ago .

Shocking that is. Heart would sink if I bought that and found out. Let’s be fair, to look at it looks absolutely mint.

I thought legally they have to declare if its been written off.
It doesn't add up as if its uneconomical for insurers to repair, they have to write It off. It just backs up the old saying, if its too good to be true It usually is.
The Fk2 is running around the £20.000 upwards.for decent examples. Nice to see that the It was picked up by us on here and prompting the ex owner to post up as well.It's worth looking for a good example and for a few grand more you can have peace of mind. Good hunting, and looking forward to your posting when you acquire one.
Regards Fred.

Wow, I didn’t realise how well they hold their value.

I feel your pain searching for your perfect motor as I’ve just down an age looking for mine but I will say this. Be prepared to walk away as your car will present itself eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back