• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Error codes p0046 and p0087

I have a 2015 fk2 type r and it drives lovely with no engines lights or anything. I plugged my Carly obd adapter in and did a health check and it’s come up with p0046 turbo boost control solenoid circuit range/ performance and it’s come up with p0087 fuel rail/system pressure too low. I’ve tried erasing the codes to see if they come back but they won’t even erase. The car drives fine so I’m wondering what the problems are related to and how to sort them. Anyone else had these codes/issues?
Cheers Rob

I have a 2015 fk2 type r and it drives lovely with no engines lights or anything. I plugged my Carly obd adapter in and did a health check and it’s come up with p0046 turbo boost control solenoid circuit range/ performance and it’s come up with p0087 fuel rail/system pressure too low. I’ve tried erasing the codes to see if they come back but they won’t even erase. The car drives fine so I’m wondering what the problems are related to and how to sort them. Anyone else had these codes/issues?
Cheers Rob

I had p0046 fixed under warranty. Honda replaced a load of parts not just the solenoid. Found boost went back to 1.3 bar after this was done where as it had been 1.2

I’ve cleared the error codes and going to see if they come back at all. I don’t know if it had previous work done on it and parts replaced and then someone didn’t clear the codes. I’ll keep an eye on it as the car drives and boosts fine.

I’ve cleared the error codes and going to see if they come back at all. I don’t know if it had previous work done on it and parts replaced and then someone didn’t clear the codes. I’ll keep an eye on it as the car drives and boosts fine.

I have same errors p0046 and P0087, no check engine light, drives fine. Did you solve it? What was it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back