• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 HKS BOV

I already bought HKS bov like this

download.jpg

can anyone give me some info, will it be a problem after I installed the bov HKS?

thank you very much ....

Hi go green, welcome

Earth dreams on here bought one but is now taking it off I believe.

Each to their own of course, but never really got it myself, as if you want the psssst sound, get a decent intake, and thought a blow off valve could cause issues as it's a recirc system and may need a tune

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/hks-sqiv-bov.35442/

ic .... i already use PRL intake , its great ... next i'll intall PRL inlet turbo and bigger intercooler ,

it looks like I will let my ecu in stock ... to keep the engine durable

before i buy fk8r, i have f56 jcw with manic stage2 ... with catles DP n full exhaust ... really feels very wild for the size of f56 ....

I don't know how durable the engine will be if it is REMAP ....

btw thanks for the info my friend ....

With those bolt ons I'd say you need a remap to make the most of them

A few options out there with lots of fk8s joining the 400 club

If I keep mine and honda don't offer me a new one for peanuts,first thing will be a remap

With those bolt ons I'd say you need a remap to make the most of them

A few options out there with lots of fk8s joining the 400 club

If I keep mine and honda don't offer me a new one for peanuts,first thing will be a remap

Faaaaaanthemaaaaan. Do you really need a remap ...? Aren’t you still on your standard brakes after 26k miles ..?

Alright chap! Ha, I just use engine braking a lot!

Defo needs more more torque, you must be making the m2 power?

Alright chap! Ha, I just use engine braking a lot!

Defo needs more more torque, you must be making the m2 power?

Haha it’s a different beast to the m2. For a start the m2 was a 3l 6cl motor. For sure the fk8 gets from a-b quicker in most scenarios though without breaking a sweat . An m140i will outdrag a standard 8 but once the 8 picks up pace they are more or less on par “in straight line pace”

Quite content with the stock form + eventuri ...

Miss a bit of drama the m2 had , drama being wondering if you’ll get home in one piece in the wet / damp weather.

I think a nice intake is all the fk8 needs. I don’t even think it needs an exhaust to be fair , I’ve seen video of mapped fk8’s and all seem to have trouble getting the power down .. wheels spin pop bang for the gram etc

I quite often have the traction light blinking with just the eventuri ..

Last edited by a moderator:
what have you done with your car mate ... ? you use remus .... i already inden the remus catback ... any drowning in the cockpit ?

Back