• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Crusty exhaust tips?

Anyone else find the black area within the exhaust tips is a little orangy? Bear in mind mines covered less than 400 miles I’d have expected better. I’m contemplating painting with a black heatproof paint. Reckon it would be ok to do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what sorts that out a treat, a Remus :D

Actually Remus soots up like a b1tch so looks worse. I wouldn't worry about it tbh, you will soon forget about little things like that when the miles pile on.

Never seen orange around there before? I use wheel cleaner then an old wheel brush to scrub the carbon deposits away. Then follow up and polish the chrome, keeps them looking good :D

Would love a Remus! Not while on PCP though. If I still own it post agreement (which I fully intend to) it would probably be the first thing I did!

It looks as though wherever the car was sat prior to being registered it was perhaps parked sloping down and water has been allowed to collect there.

It’s only light at the moment but would rather tackle it early. Think I’ll use some black brake paint and do my disc centres at the same time!

Just an observation but the tailpipes on the FN2 & FK2 used to soot up really quickly but this hasn't happened on my FK8 thus far :)

Would love a Remus! Not while on PCP though. If I still own it post agreement (which I fully intend to) it would probably be the first thing I did!

It looks as though wherever the car was sat prior to being registered it was perhaps parked sloping down and water has been allowed to collect there.

It’s only light at the moment but would rather tackle it early. Think I’ll use some black brake paint and do my disc centres at the same time!

Mine is on PCP. I rang honda finance they were fine with it as long as it was returned to stock if I was giving it back, or trading it in. Warranty a different question of course! Old exhaust in the loft. Reason I am saying this is if your worried about the PCP part you need not. Adds some character for def

Back