• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 fn2 alarm

hi can somebody tell me how to disconnect alarm on a 2009 type r as it keeps going off and nobody seems to know whats wrong,been in for repair but still the same,so now i would like to disconnect it for the time being as repairers are all closed and need car for work, thanks alistair.

alarm

Check out the bonnet sensor

thanks for quick reply,yesterday i disconnected the plug to bonnet sensor and all was ok for about 2 hours then went off again,i connected the plug again all is well yesterday and alarmed it today and seems to be ok so far. thanks alistair.

I know nothing about Honda systems but my volvo alarm would be fine for weeks and then randomly go off. I noticed it was going off a lot when I locked the car at petrol stations to pay. It was driving me mad. It turns out the ultrasonic sensors pick up your phone or tablet trying to find a WIFI signal inside the car. Every time I'd done it I'd left either my ipad behind the seat or my phone in the centre console. I've stopped doing it now.... the problem went away...

Back