• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tein lowering springs fn2

Hi all, I've just got a set of tein lowering springs that drop 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear and was wondering about the fitment, I currently have a fn2 with rage 19" rage alloys I currently have 20mm spacers on the rear but have no problems removing them if it will rub on the arches. Just wondering if it might rub on front or rear or neither and if so what would be the best way of correcting it like maybe camber bolts ect. Thanks in advance

I didn't have that exact setup but to give you some idea I had the Eibach kit which has a 15mm drop, I was also using 15mm Eibach spacers front and rear.

I had the hub correction shims at the rear and with 1 deg negative camber and had no rubbing. I had at various points between 1.5 and 2.5 degree of negative camber on the front and the tyres still rubbed holes in the arch liners. I ended up replacing the shocks at 40k miles despite them appearing still to be in good condition and this did help somewhat but didn't eliminate it 100%.

Ok so I could do with getting the correction shims, I'm guessing that it doesnt touch the arch trims at all, worse case o can remove the liner

Ok so I could do with getting the correction shims, I'm guessing that it doesnt touch the arch trims at all, worse case o can remove the liner

Shims are always worth fitting, but you either need to take it somewhere who has them in stock or fit the springs and get it measured to see which shims you need to order to correct it. Then you will need camber bolts for the front.

The only time I have heard of anyone hitting the arch trims was with 20mm spacers on the front (to clear a DC5 Brembo conversion) but then it didn't catch the rears. Removing the arch liners would have been my next step, but what it had worn out after a few months and several thousand miles. was the full extent of what was needed. All being said it only caught when hitting dips at high speed or cornering hard when the suspension was well compressed.

Back