• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting facelift foglights

I bought foglights for my 05 EP3 a while ago and finally found the time to try to fit them. I used this guide so far:
https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/...g-fogs-and-bumper-removal-on-facelift-version

Problem is, the wiring on my foglight-kit seems to be completely different. While I found the brown plug shown in step 11 behind my battery, there is nothing coming from the fog lights that would fit on that - instead I got the excact same plug on the cables of the foglights again. Also I cant figure out where the brown plug from step 10 is - does not seem to be there.
It almost looks like the cables that came with the fog lights are meant to be put in the car aaaaaall the way from the foglights to the switch and fusebox, but I have no clue how to get inside and how to fit anything.
I bought the kit from a guy called Rehan Rashid on facebook, maybe someone has the same kit and can help me out here.

Maybe I should mention that I'm from germany, so my EP3 is LHD and has the stock Xenon headlight along with headlight-washers.

On the picture you can see all the connectors pretty clearly. The green one is for the switch, the brown one is the exact same one that can be found behind the battery. The visible part of the cable is connected to the another part (that goes to the foglights) via a white connector.

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_161314.jpg
    IMG_20200417_161314.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 15
I bought a kit from the USA and it fitted my RHD CTR with no problems. So i would have thought a RHD fog light loom would fit a LHD CTR as well tbh as you are just flipping the loom to come out the other side of the car.

It was probably 10 years ago i fitted it but there was a plug for the switch. I can't remember if i plugged the brown one into an existing connector under the centre console/dash or if i plugged it straight into the fusebox inside the car. I will have a look shortly and get back to you.

I did connect the brown plug under the centre console. It has a blue/brown wire going to it. It is the brown plug on the right hand side in the picture below.
WtCz2Ta.jpg

Ive got the same fog light kit, there is a video on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_VCzPuJgp4 and its the same kit, there must be a brown plug under the dash, you can use the factory wiring loom to power the lights. But you must have a 20 Amp fuse in the internal fuse box marked F15 (may be different for LHD) Look behind the dash, my one was very difficult to find as it had been pushed under the wiring loom, if you have found the one in the engine then you must have one under the dash. The easy way is to buy a factory fog light wiring loom and plug it in for the lights at the front (if you can find one) good luck

P.S. Im still trying to get my lights to work and have spent an age getting this far !!!!!!

Thanks for the tips so far! I was hoping this was a lot easier :D A bit unsure now how to proceed. From the youtube video it almost sounds like I dont have to somehow squeeze the wire from the foglights into the cabin? I'll have a look at my cables and whats going on behind my dash later, maybe I'll see something that helps me orientate.

@stu1873 did you use the whole cable that came with the foglights and somehow managed to wire it all the way from the lights through the enginebay into the cabin or did you connect the foglights to the existing plug on the car and then used the second part of the cable on the inside of the car?

I hope you understand what i'm trying to say, I'm kind of reaching the limit of my english skills here :D

if i remember correctly (it was around 10 years ago!) i connected to the brown plug and fuse box inside the car under the dash/centre console and then to the brown plug that is located to the right side of the battery on my RHD CTR.

I have just checked and there is no loom going through the firewall that wasn't there from the factory so i must have connected the loom in two parts. I am positive i connected a plug into the fuse box (under the dash) as well.

Here is a pic of the connection next to the battery.
hkWT6An.jpg

As the brown plug next to the battery comes from the existing loom that comes through the firewall i see no reason why a loom for fog lights should need to go through the firewall. I don't know much about car electronics but i would have thought the brown plug is just a signal wire from the fuse box inside the car to power/switch them on.

Please excuse the dirt and grime my poor CTR has seen better days and is now just a workhorse:(

Last edited by a moderator:
This is more like the kit i bought for my CTR. The fog light lenses fitted to CTR fog light brackets and loom fitted as well. The loom is in two parts.
VFsGbYz.jpg

If your loom is in one part then it may be easier to just snip the cables here
396vJoq.jpg

and re-connect them inside the car.

Have you looked to see where the wires connect to each other under the plastic?

I see no reason why you would need a wire going through the firewall when there is an existing one going from the brown plug under the dash to the brown plug next to the battery through the firewall. you may be able to cut that wire out (where i have circled in the pic above) and split the loom in two as it looks like you have all of the plugs needed for inside and outside the car in the loom you have.

They look like prefacelift if it has those covers and brackets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look like prefacelift if it has those covers and brackets

indeed the USA Civic Si EP3 shape was only released in pre-facelift guise but the lamps fit facelift foglight brackets. I may not have been too clear in my post above.

I was able to source used brackets but no lamps.

I had to resort to ordering ones like i posted as the OEM kit is like trying to find rocking horse ****!

indeed the USA Civic Si EP3 shape was only released in pre-facelift guise but the lamps fit facelift foglight brackets. I may not have been too clear in my post above.

I had to resort to ordering ones like i posted as the OEM kit is like trying to find rocking horse ****!

I know of a few sellers on Facebook that maybe able to assist. I bought a kit ages off eBay for prefacelift but have never got round to sort them, the lights are cheap so I managed to get some genuine fogs off a bumper I bought with some fitted

Again, thanks for all the helpful tips!

I got a little further now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are my plans now: I will cut of the white connector that comes from the fog lights because it doesnt fit the brown connector on the car. I'll probably cut the brown one off the car aswell and connect the two cables using a different connector (or even solder them).
The second part of the cable goes into the car. I already fittet the switch and plugged it in and was also able to locate the connector behind the center console (my hands are ****ed up now). And now I'm not quite sure so I'll ask again: The brown connector on the fog-light cable fits the brown connector behind the center console. Is it supposed to go in there? Also there is just one free slot on the fuse box that matches one of the connectors of my cable (red circle in my picture). Right next to it is another empty slot wich would also match with the brown connectors (green circle). All thats left unplugged is the white connector that originally was fittet to the cable leading to the lights - I guess I'll have to replace this with a connector that fits the brown ones? (Guess I could use the one next to the battery if i cut it off).
That would give me two brown connectors on the interior foglight-cable. Wich one goes into the fuse box and wich behind the center console?

IMG_20200418_150319 - Kopie.jpg
IMG_20200418_142558 - Kopie.jpg

//EDIT
Re-watched the video and so far I'm right. I'll have to cut off the white connector and somehow make it go into the fuse box right next to the other (white, wide) connector that I already plugged in. Then I need to find a way to connect the foglights to the car and I should be done. Maybe I can still make it today, I'll give you an update on how it worked out!

//EDIT2
It worked! Thanks for the help!

I ordered the same kit and the fog light surround dont fit, you have to get the real OEM ones, very rare ones...The lights do fit....just... but they are for a USDM Si cars.

Back