• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 What is this..?

Please can somebody tell what it is. Can I remove it, what's it for, is it there to hide or protect something. Spotted a little rust running along there also. That will be getting sorted this summer.

Attachments

• 20200419_123208_HDR~2 (Medium).jpg
    20200419_123208_HDR~2 (Medium).jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 42
Nope that’s not oem. Added by a previous owner for some reason although struggling to figure out why if not for the reason mentioned above

Nope that’s not oem. Added by a previous owner for some reason although struggling to figure out why if not for the reason mentioned above

Guess they put it on to protect the paint work then. Need to get rid because it will hold water in the material when it rains and will just rust the lot.

Guess they put it on to protect the paint work then. Need to get rid because it will hold water in the material when it rains and will just rust the lot.

I have these aswell, so I think they are there from factory. It doesn't have one on the drivers side front, this is a picture of the drivers side rear. It could have been protection that was on from brand new and not removed fully.

20200423_114915_zpsrdxky2li.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have these aswell, so I think they are there from factory. It doesn't have one on the drivers side front, this is a picture of the drivers side rear. It could have been protection that was on from brand new and not removed fully.

20200423_114915_zpsrdxky2li.jpg

Yes thats them, but only had half left. I think the are made out of a polyester/ wrapped fibre glass material, they possibly dont hold water but I would of thought it wouldn't be a good idea over the years. Just use a bit of rubber would surfice when jacking the car up. Mine is slighty rusting, but will be sorted soon when I get the paint the recommend by davidpingu. Be done in the summer when im on holiday from work

Last edited by a moderator:
Back