• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Broken down!

Just over 400 miles on clock. Trip to the shops. Came back unlocked, loaded boot, got in and as soon as I pressed Engine Start/Stop.......Dead. No lights nothing electric working no response to key fob.

Anyone else experienced this? Not very happy right now!

Not bumped anything either. Checked battery terminals. Something must have blown/tripped. Only thing different today is a gave it a very short blast through to about 6k revs once or twice but it had a good few miles of low revs between then and when the engine went off. At a complete loss

Worked out what it is. Negative battery terminal slightly loose. Another dealership blunder no doubt!

No tools so I’m waiting for the AA to come and tighten a nut!

All sorted but figured I’d share this as it may help. When terminals tightened up the engine would only turn over not start. Also had a red flashing light near the fuel indicator.

Both terminals had to be disconnected and held together for a full 15 seconds. This hard resets immobiliser etc. Locked and unlocked car and it started straight up.

That’s hopefully the end of my reliability issues!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear David! Not heard of that one yet but thanks for sharing....

In a public car park, with a recovery van on a brand new car...plus the way ours looks....is never fun

Oh it was shameful. What was slightly funny though was as I was packing the car with shopping an older chap got out the car next to me, pointed at the car and jokingly said “I bet that’s not very fast is it”. I just laughed and carried on loading the car. Of course as the AA arrive who should be walking back to their car?

I said to him “you jinxed me!! And in answer to your question NO, it’s not very fast at all right now!!” :D

All resolved within minutes though and him and his wife had a good look around the car, both commenting on how much they like them so not all bad!

Back