• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wheel stud replacement

Evening everybody,

I've had my eye on the forums for a while now but this is the first time posting.

The other day I cross threaded one of my wheel studs on passenger side front.
I have purchased a new stud and new wheel nuts ready to go on.

I have looked on youtube and various forums posts and haven't found anything concrete...
I have a pretty solid idea on what to do to to change the stud, however has anybody done it and have any kind of advice?

Any information is appreciated,

Many thanks,

Shane

If you want to remove the stud you can try putting 2 nuts on the stud thread pinch them up tight then turn the bottom one should take stud out.

The wheel studs are a "push" fit in to the hub, the above method will not work. The old stud needs to be knocked out, remove the disc & caliper first, using a large hammer knock it out , using an equally large hammer behind the hub to stop it damaging the hub bearing...

To fit new one, push it into the hole in the hub, then using a spacer on the wheel side, pull the new stud through with the wheel nut.

Back