• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 engine mounts

hi
my ep3 track car needs better engine mounts as im getting too much engine movement
the vibratechnics ones will be good but are fooking expensive
what else are others using?
powerflex bush inserts will only be effective if the bushes theyre going into are any good. im tempted to have a go at casting my own....
cheers

I've heard people running the really cheap ones are rock hard, but other than excessive vibration I've not heard anything else negative.

I've had pretty good success with filling the voids of mounts with Tiger Seal. It's basically the same as the poly inserts. Cheaper and easier to do. Worth a gamble if you're thinking of changing them completely maybe?

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

I've heard people running the really cheap ones are rock hard, but other than excessive vibration I've not heard anything else negative.

I've had pretty good success with filling the voids of mounts with Tiger Seal. It's basically the same as the poly inserts. Cheaper and easier to do. Worth a gamble if you're thinking of changing them completely maybe?

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. Done that myself as well in the past but need to see what condition the standard ones are in. Suspect they’re knackered hence why I’m getting so much movement.

i have a full set (4) from Innovative Billet Engine Mounts 60A. Feel much better then stock but the vibration from the engine is sometimes a bit much when your stationary. Once you get moving they are so good. Hope this helps.

i have a full set (4) from Innovative Billet Engine Mounts 60A. Feel much better then stock but the vibration from the engine is sometimes a bit much when your stationary. Once you get moving they are so good. Hope this helps.

hi
ive bought a set of ebay specials - will see what they are like. hopefully i havent just wasted £200!

I’ve just fitted vibratechnics to my ep3, they perform amazing and hardly any vibration either, well worth the extra money in my opinion. If you buy cheap you buy twice.

I’ve just fitted vibratechnics to my ep3, they perform amazing and hardly any vibration either, well worth the extra money in my opinion. If you buy cheap you buy twice.

did you consider any others before going with the vibratechnics? I had some on my megane endined clio a few years back and liked them.

did you consider any others before going with the vibratechnics? I had some on my megane endined clio a few years back and liked them.
I did consider innovative billet mounts but everyone said the vibration was bad in the cabin, after asking a few people and reading reviews I decided to go for the vibratecnics, I definitely recommend them even though they are a bit more expensive.

I did consider innovative billet mounts but everyone said the vibration was bad in the cabin, after asking a few people and reading reviews I decided to go for the vibratecnics, I definitely recommend them even though they are a bit more expensive.

nice one, cheers buddy.

Back