• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

I bought a wheel :)

d72W6nBl.jpg

PS: Came with the rest of the car too :D

EDIT: Right I should probably introduce the car a bit better than "hey I bought a wheel" lol. Since I am documenting this build on another forum I will try my best to keep everything in the right order.

First, it was collection day!
Here it is being loaded onto it's trailer (for obvious reasons I could not go and collect due to lockdown):
Sy2kmgkh.jpg

And an hour later it was home, sorry for the crappy pictures, I was too excited to take more lol:
V33zZPmh.jpg

aHUrFuKh.jpg

Excuse the state it's in, the tree sap/pollen or whatever it is that keeps dropping at this time of year is annoying as hell and gets any car dirty within a few hours of it sitting there.

Here is the spec and some of it's maintenance history:

Major Upgrades & Maintenance within the last 4,500 miles:
Subframe plated and resin injected - Preventive by CA Automotive
Vanos Clearances & Filter replacement
Rogue Rear Trailing Arm Bushes
Rogue Rear Top Mounts
RevShift Engine Mounts
RevShift Transmission Mounts
H&R Adjustable Anti Roll bars
Purple Tag Quick Steering Rack
CSL track rods
Rear lower ball joint bushes
Hack engineering Billet Exhaust Hangers
Stainless Steel exhaust Flanges
Both Front wings replaced with OEM – There wasn’t any rust, just pure preventative whilst having front end resprayed.
All Diff / Brake / Steering / Gearbox Fluids flushed and replaced inc hoses, etc

Modifications
CSL Alloys (genuine) wearing Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Alcon Big Brake Kit 6 Pot front / 4 Pot rear
KW V2 Suspension
H&R Wheel Spacers 12mm front 10mm Rear
Evolve CSL Style Carbon Airbox
Eventuri Air Scoop
Motion Motorsport Aluminium Under panel
Interior Boot release switch
Mirror John leak free rear view mirror
Storm Gear Knob & extended alloy SMG shift paddles
Intravee II & Alpine KCA-420i with 'Stay Awake' Mod

Tuning & Coding
Tuned CSL Engine Software Remap
CSL '255' Gearbox Software
CSL Engine Oil Warm Up lights
CSL Rev Matching
Delimited
M-Track (Less Intrusive DSC)
Auto door Locking @ 5MPH
Bleep on lock/unlock
Carphonics Stage 2 BM54 Amp Upgrade
Carphonics Stage 2 Digital freeview TV/DAB Tuner Upgrade

Most recent power run:
RVHdO8Mh.jpg

This is my second E46 M3, the previous was a SG facelift Coupe and had a manual gearbox. I should have never sold that car but unfortunately while I could afford to buy it at the time, I could not maintain it to a standard it deserved, so due to financial circumstances it had to go.

Things are different now and I intend on keeping this one in tip top condition with OEM+ modifications in mind, improving upon the base the the previous owners have already established.

SK

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, it was a rear wheel which fooled me. That looks a nice one with some good quality mods!
Has the RACP been reinforced or replaced? Mine hadn't and was cracked, despite a FBMW SH and a recent service.
Enjoy that glorious exhaust sound and induction note! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite.

https://i.imgur.com/BbuLwAjh.jpg[img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/H5GW8g4h.jpg[img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/jrl5xulh.jpg[img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/yvt2GBZh.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Nicely done sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh, it was a rear wheel which fooled me. That looks a nice one with some good quality mods!
Has the RACP been reinforced or replaced? Mine hadn't and was cracked, despite a FBMW SH and a recent service.
Enjoy that glorious exhaust sound and induction note! :)

Yep, Turner reinforcement plates and resin injection, done by CA Automotive a few years ago. Still fresh underneath :)

Nicely done sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you my fellow BMW M owner :D

Nice one , is it SMG or a manual ?

This one is SMG, my previous was manual. I have put aside a sum of money for a conversion if I cannot get on with it, but since it's had the CSL ECU, CSL SMG settings and rev matching put on, it is actually amazing when going flat out. Around town takes getting used to but meh. Car also came with a brand new spare SMG pump which I believe are now over 2k to get from BMW?

That is glorious, SK-R.

Thank you mate, the old lady does look good indeed. Needs a bit of TLC to be up to par with my previous cars but that's ok as it's a good base to start from.

Nice, I think that shape is the best of all the 3 series

Yes I agree, I was actually going to buy a totally different M car but after seeing this car in the seller's garage I asked if he was willing to let it go and voila :D

Lovely. What happened to the i30N?

Wen't back after Hyundai admitted their faults along the way. Basically, great car but shitty support from the dealer network is what let the experience down. Also there is something about NA high revving engines that makes me keep going back to them...

Stunning machine! Test Drove a 2004 M3 ages ago. What a car, with a lovely raspy straight 6 sound track, enjoy! :D

Absolutely gorgeous this mate! Like the dream spec...right colour.. right wheels etc... been looking at them for weeks now as its always been the dream car, nice to see you've got big calipers sitting behind those wheels and the carbon airbox, must sound fantastic. Has it had the rear subframe work done? (the whole cracking crap...)

Torn between one of these and a DC5 next, but I know these are like 12K+ for a sorted example at the minute.

Absolutely gorgeous this mate! Like the dream spec...right colour.. right wheels etc... been looking at them for weeks now as its always been the dream car, nice to see you've got big calipers sitting behind those wheels and the carbon airbox, must sound fantastic. Has it had the rear subframe work done? (the whole cracking crap...)

Torn between one of these and a DC5 next, but I know these are like 12K+ for a sorted example at the minute.

That's the first thing I asked above. It's not the subframe that has the issue, it's where it mounts on the RACP (rear axle carrier panel).
The DC5 will be much cheaper to maintain / repair, the M3 being the more comfortable and better for long distances, etc but still glorious when driven for fun :)

Back