• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Hardwired dash cam Whats good to buy FK8

Bazzagt4

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a hardwired dash cam for the new car, what are people using, where is the best place to locate it on the screen and how have you hardwired it in, what fuse to piggy back etc........

thanks in advance

Hi Baz,

I've got a viofo a119 which was recommended on here but I forget by who. It's really discreet which is what I wanted. I've mounted it as close to the rear view mirror on the passenger side as possible so it's out of my vision. As it's got the camera on an end, it's really hard to see from the outside.

Quality is really good as well. I hard wired a 5v USB power supply then just used a long cable to tuck under the a pillar and headlining. But every car is different. I'm sure I eeqd somewhere that one of the interior light feeds is basically a permanent live when the car is unlocked? Basically cam comes on when unlocked and stays on until locked again, which would be better than ignition love in my eyes.

This is a few years old now so a better solution might be out there. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

I've got the Nextbase 312G in the CR-V. (Bought off Amazon) Velocity Base Electronics I think. £59
Records at 30fps in 1080p which in general is plenty enough for me.
Night vision is very good, actually clearer than what you see in real life!!

Fitted just to the left of the rear view mirror, in the shaded part of the screen, where the rear view mirror electric bits and stuff are, so its hardly visible at all from the outside.
I ditched the suction cup mount that came with the dash cam and bought a 3m adhesive mount from tvanddvdsurplus on eBay (£5.99)

796/8688
Samsung EVO Plus Micro SDXC Memory Card - 64GB
From Argos - £12.99

Hardwired with the genuine Nextbase kit, about £15.
My mate at Honda fitted this for me, tucked the cable under the roof lining slightly, then unclipped the A pillar and door sill trim and cable tied the wire under the dashboard.
I seem to recall he piggy-backed the cigar lighter fuse.
Anyway it comes on straight away and then its set to sleep 10 secs after the ignition is turned off.

Nice little camera tbh.
Sorry no footage though, only had it a short while before lockdown.

I've got the Nextbase 312G in the CR-V. (Bought off Amazon) Velocity Base Electronics I think. £59
Records at 30fps in 1080p which in general is plenty enough for me.
Night vision is very good, actually clearer than what you see in real life!!

Fitted just to the left of the rear view mirror, in the shaded part of the screen, where the rear view mirror electric bits and stuff are, so its hardly visible at all from the outside.
I ditched the suction cup mount that came with the dash cam and bought a 3m adhesive mount from tvanddvdsurplus on eBay (£5.99)

796/8688
Samsung EVO Plus Micro SDXC Memory Card - 64GB
From Argos - £12.99

Hardwired with the genuine Nextbase kit, about £15.
My mate at Honda fitted this for me, tucked the cable under the roof lining slightly, then unclipped the A pillar and door sill trim and cable tied the wire under the dashboard.
I seem to recall he piggy-backed the cigar lighter fuse.
Anyway it comes on straight away and then its set to sleep 10 secs after the ignition is turned off.

Nice little camera tbh.
Sorry no footage though, only had it a short while before lockdown.

Thanks for that, great info, I want to keep the camera on when the car is off as I like it monitored when parked up etc, I'm sure I will need a permeant live for that.

Regards

Thanks for that, great info, I want to keep the camera on when the car is off as I like it monitored when parked up etc, I'm sure I will need a permeant live for that.

Regards

Yes mate you're right you'll need the permanent live to use Parking Mode

Thanks for all your help,

I have gone with the Road angel Halo pro system front and rear camera , hard wire kit and 128gb card.

My next question is what fuses to piggy back onto can someone let me know what ones they connected to for constant 12v and acc 12v.

thanks again

Just for reference if anyone hunts for info on dash cams for the FK8

I piggy backed fuse number 1 10A for the acc 12v and fuse 16 20A for the perm 12v fuse box located by drivers right knee (uk car), all works superb and camera now records if car senses any movement etc whilst parked.

Regards

Back