• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Rust

Yes, that looks fine. Only very minimal surface rust on a few parts. Barely any rust there at all.
If it looked like this then I'd worry a bit. This is a car I worked on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that looks fine. Only very minimal surface rust on a few parts. Barely any rust there at all.
If it looked like this then I'd worry a bit. This is a car I worked on.
Yes glad that some one agrees with me what about shocks absorbers ? I see some oil, it's wrote in mot as monitor and repair if necessary 15/01 how many time i got left ?

One shock absorber looks likes it leaking which is common on these. I'd replace both at the same time though.

Time you got left, you can't say. But replacing them sooner the better really as it won't get any better.

Rust looks ok to me, shock absorbers are knackered, as soon as they are leaking replace both sides, it makes a huge difference once this is done, I recently did mine and it makes the car much stiffer round corners and stops the bouncy feel you get when shocks are leaking.

Yes, dosent look too bad. That reminds I need to have look under mine and compare. If it looks like yours im happy, can you get the under carriage seal with some type of protection? That way you will have piece of mind, or get under it an give it a good clean and paint the parts that you can see and get to..not the exhaust ***...☺

Yes, dosent look too bad. That reminds I need to have look under mine and compare. If it looks like yours im happy, can you get the under carriage seal with some type of protection? That way you will have piece of mind, or get under it an give it a good clean and paint the parts that you can see and get to..not the exhaust ***...
Not a good thing to do i think need to polish the rust before spraying paint. Sorry for my english.

Looks clean under there.

shocks don't need to cost a fortune - The Honda parts are made by Sachs so source them and save £s

would help if you add your location to your details so people might be able to give more local advice.

Looks clean under there.

shocks don't need to cost a fortune - The Honda parts are made by Sachs so source them and save £s

would help if you add your location to your details so people might be able to give more local advice.
40 each one, easy to change i think no need of paying labor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back