• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Remapping JDM EP3 down South?

I've got a 2005 JDM EP3 that I've been gradually turning into a track day tool .... albeit over a long period of time! The focus has very much been on suspension, bushes, brakes, engine mounts, wheels and tyres. Now sorted, I want a bit more power, smoothness and usability.

Having read reams of old articles on here, I'm wondering who people still recommend to get the ECU tweaked? (Covid 19 not withstanding a future booking). Engine mods so far have been limited to an air intake and exhaust (ITG Maxogen and Teigiwa 70mm Cat Back as I don't want to make it so loud that I can't use it on track). Any additional mod suggestions or is the K20A pretty good out of the box with the changes I've already made? I gather that enlarged throttle bodies can work - but there have been reliability issues with them sticking.

I also want to retain the immobiliser and so I'm thinking I should go down the Hondata route and that I should seek out Romain at Racecal. Any thoughts on this and what sort of power / torque outputs to expect post tune?

Race Header and RBC inlet manifold. If you don't want to decat then I can recommend an RRC inlet manifold. I went from 214 to 231 bhp by changing to RRC from oem. The 214 was achieved with 2.5 inch exhaust and teg m intake. Mine was a UK ep3 too so you would get more.

Race Header and RBC inlet manifold. If you don't want to decat then I can recommend an RRC inlet manifold. I went from 214 to 231 bhp by changing to RRC from oem. The 214 was achieved with 2.5 inch exhaust and teg m intake. Mine was a UK ep3 too so you would get more.

Thanks Flashy. I'll need to do some research to find out the differences between the PRC that I believe I have on my car and the RBC / RRC inlets .... :confused: And no - I don't want to decat - although if there was a decent sports cat out there, then I'd consider swapping.

So far I think I've worked out that the engine differences between the EDM and my JDM are: Higher compression ratio (11.5:1) via different pistons, higher lifting cams, better inlet manifold (PRC), different exhaust manifold (DC5), different ECU mapping. All I know is that it revs to an indicated 8,700 before the limiter cuts in .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back