• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Best semi slick tyres year 2020

Can anyone suggest good semi slick in term as below

1) durabality
2) dry and wet grip
3) handling and comfort
4) wear

Any option are highly appreciated

Sent from my CPH1911 using Tapatalk

Firstly, semi slick & good in the wet don't go together. I would recommend AD08R's, but you cannot buy them any more. They are a good daily as well as a track tyre, the replacement is generally regarded as not as good because of a change of the compound, the AD08RS.

I am currently looking for the deals on the Nankang AR-2R's, I'd like the Nankang AR1 but I think it's too track and dry focused on road use and not that good in the wet.

There are more to consider:-
Nankang AR1
Nankang AR2R
Federal 595 RS-R Tyre
Hankook Ventus Z205
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4 S

This is not an exhaustive list and I'll sure the guys on here will add to it.

Firstly, semi slick & good in the wet don't go together. I would recommend AD08R's, but you cannot buy them any more. They are a good daily as well as a track tyre, the replacement is generally regarded as not as good because of a change of the compound, the AD08RS.

I am currently looking for the deals on the Nankang AR-2R's, I'd like the Nankang AR1 but I think it's too track and dry focused on road use and not that good in the wet.

There are more to consider:-
Nankang AR1
Nankang AR2R
Federal 595 RS-R Tyre
Hankook Ventus Z205
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4 S

This is not an exhaustive list and I'll sure the guys on here will add to it.
Thanks for the good info mate.Now only i realize that AD08R quality does not as good as before

Btw,do you mean Nangkang NS-2R instead of AR-2R?

Sent from my CPH1911 using Tapatalk

If you’re going to run a proper semi slick like R888R then you need a baffled sump.

A lot of us look for the holy grail of tyres but it doesn't exist, compromises have to be made somewhere. I run the MPS4S and do the odd trackday on them but they overheat in warmer temps but are an excellent all-rounder. May go for Cup 2 next as the R is a second car and can be left garaged in Winter.

cup2's performed brilliantly for me at donington. far better than ps4s's have done and i'd say cup2 is minimum for anything more than running 7/10ths on track. cup2's definately struggle in cooler&wet weather but thats expected.
cup2's do wear quicker than ps4s's but your also going to be able to run them down to the bars. ps4s's will overheat and chew your outer edge.
i've decided to split road&track tyres; going to try 18" AR1's after my next event when the cup2's will be done for, and go back to rt2/ps4/eagle f1's for road-only 19" rubber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back