• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fn2 or ep3 for a daily car

Hi there for the moment i drive a mercedes benz c200cdi diesel, but i don't make many miles as i want, looking into buying a petrol car, why not a honda still good smileys from my eg3 et eg5. I was looking for an fn2 for the com fort, space and Cruise Control, récent.. i was also looking by ep3 side can someone help me ? Under 95000miles and 4000 with service book and bills i use it as a daily and unique car, i make 12 miles à Day to work and maybe 60 miles at the week-end and 3000 miles for my holidays. Sorry for my bad english

If you can test drive both and pick which you like most. FN2 vs EP3 is the topic that always divides opinion.

The only thing I'll say on it is that EP3s are getting much older now (15+ years) and a lot have suffered badly from rust.

If you can test drive both and pick which you like most. FN2 vs EP3 is the topic that always divides opinion.

The only thing I'll say on it is that EP3s are getting much older now (15+ years) and a lot have suffered badly from rust.
With the quarentine it's hard to do an test drive. Ep3 2004 83000miles with a custom exhaust and intake, service book honda with all bills, and fn2 2008 93000miles stock with 4 stamps in service book with some bills, 2 front absorvers for replacement.

Nearly no surface rust the two, différence of 400ponds for the price.

Loxy has the best advice you will get with this!

As an example, I went down this decision path. The extra creature comforts and more modern appearance steered my decision to FN2.

I arranged test drives and found that my proportions, 6’2” but with relatively long legs and short body, cannot get a seating position that is comfortable for me.

I tried an EP3 and found that the seating position was great, as well as the drive, so I bought one of those. A great car to use daily I would say, but it has few features that are expected in more modern cars.

Drive them, not easy at the moment I know, and make your choice based on that. Mechanically, a well cared for Honda should serve you well, but as Loxy says, check carefully for rust on either model.

Cheers

Previous DC5 and FN2 owner here. Relatively speaking I’d say the FN2 is the more refined of the two. It’s always a compromise as what makes the FN2 more refined takes that edge away. E.g. it’s heavier and has the engine damping for reduced vibrations but it also introduces that slightly more numb feeling. (It is slight)

Fairly sure a lot of the parts you mention are shared between the two models. Gearbox and callipers I’m sure are same although there’s a slightly different ratio in the FN.

As a daily though I think the seats and additional electrics in the FN make it the better daily. If you were looking for a track car or weekend toy I’d be suggesting the EP

No experience of EP3 but at 6' 4" I don't have an issue with the FN2.
The cruise is very useful in average speed zones and the interior space of the FN2 is better.

Every car brand has issues, even German ones, so don't let that put you off.

A well cared for example of either would suit you.
Watch the rust on the EP3 though, most of it will be hidden underneath and behind the body kit.

Just buy the best you can afford.

I'm lost i would prefer a fully stamped service book by honda but it's an older car, and need to replace exhaust and intake as they are not stock they Will not pass mot here, and the danger of hidden rust. With 10000milles as difference and 550ponds for the fn2 stock with almost all the bills from other that honda. Timing belt replace, cluch and gearbox fluid changed, calipers changed, i need to replace 2 shock absorvers, 1side mirror relay, check clearences and valves and the chain. As no record of that being done it's the fn2 the better option ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had two ep3 and one fn2. Normal driving the fn2 is slightly better as it's more refined, apart from the very hard ride. Faster driving the ep3 is better.

I've had two ep3 and one fn2. Normal driving the fn2 is slightly better as it's more refined, apart from the very hard ride. Faster driving the ep3 is better.
I think that the fn2 is my final choice, it's more recent, spacious, comfortable and better confort options, cruise Control it's important i need my licence and the ep3 with all the bills no major work done by honda and maybe some hidden rust i dont like surprises.

I like the EP3 but they are getting on a bit. Our EP2 was just generally wearing out. I don't regret getting an FN2 one bit, it feels modern but still nimble. I regret nothing.

Ep3, feels much lighter and you feel in control of the car.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Back