• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Flashy's Ibis White Audi Mk2 TT 2.0tfsi valvelift

Early doors to Glos tomorrow. Car feels great but it will be good to have numbers. If it gets 265 then it'll be 210 bhp per tonne.

That's a decent increase in power. I'm glad you're happy with the results.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I am, it equates to around 215bhp per ton. It pulls well and only starts to drop very slightly on the graph around 5800rpm. Chassis upgrades next. Might take a look at the anti lift kits. Short shifter is on the cards too, gear changes are not that swift in this. I miss the ep3 gearbox

Decided to paint the calipers black, keep it stealthy :D
Car now has a ramair induction kit. I have also ordered a Superpro dog bone mount insert, an Ultra Racing front strut brace, and a GFB DV+. The diverter valves can suffer from split diaphragm under increased boost, the GFB looks a good mod to give increased throttle response and hold stronger boost. Plenty to be getting on with for now. The turbo is a really difficult place to get at, what could go wrong with my lumpy hands :p
20200927_162402_copy_2016x930.jpg

Go Fast Bits DV+ put on the car this morning. The tray was a bit tedious with 18 torx screws :picardfp:
Pretty easy to get at the diverter valve from below, especially with the stubby ratchet and 60mm extension.
Job done.

20201017_104754_copy_930x2018.jpg20201017_095235_copy_2016x930.jpg20201017_101716_copy_930x429.jpg20201017_105257_copy_930x2016.jpg20201017_102257_copy_930x2016.jpg20201017_105702_copy_930x2016.jpg

How are the whoosh noises? Always wanted one of those for our A4 but never got round to it.

Added an Ultra Racing front strut brace. Has made the steering feel a lot more direct, plus the front wheel scrabble under load off roundabouts is vastly reduced. Handles so much better now. After some product to put between the brace (steel) and the strut tower bodywork (aluminium) to prevent galvanic corrosion. I'm looking at ACF-50. Any other recommendations?

Acf is very runny and almost oil like. I use it on my coilovers but I think I would have preferred to use grease in hind sight, as it needs frequent application even with neoprene socks on them. It just gets washed away by water after a while. I'd say it's more suited to protection of parts, like brake discs etc to keep any moisture away and prevent rusting.

If it's to go between then I'd say any thick grease such as copper slip would do the job, though copper grease does dry out a bit but should still keep any corrosion away.

That's more of a sealant. Some of the merc recalls used a cavity wax actually. Between door hinges and A pillars. Something like that would do the trick. If the surfaces are painted then very unlikely for it to run through either piece. Do you think there's likely to be an issue or just for peace of mind?

Peace of mind mate. Maybe the ACF will be ok as it will be in an area not fully exposed to the elements?

If its just to go between the painted strut tops and the painted brace it'll be fine. Not that there will be any movement but I'm sure it would reduce friction and prevent and moisture getting in there. Worth a shot.

Are you don't with mods for the TT now or do you have a few more planned?

Done for the moment, don't think I'll go stage 2 as it would be a sports cat down pipe and probably a hpfp. For the cost for another 25 to 30 bhp it's not for me. Maybe some springs or lighter wheels. The stock 17s were 12.3 kg, my aftermarket 18s are 11.2kg, lighter but not that light. Trouble is the wheels are 8.5j and the lightest I have seen are around 8kg but come at a price. Will keep my eye out. Visual mods might happen, maybe a fixed wing?

Trying to decide if I should do any cosmetic mods or leave.
Also whether to lower it by 20mm.

sketch-1608336173673_copy_936x425.png

Back