• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Noise from motor

Hi there, i send some pm to some users, but is better to share it here for someone else also.

No record of clearences and valves being checked, but almost every Bill from previews owners, service on time.

Last Full service 77miles, clutch 69miles, belt of acessoires 57miles

Gearbox oil changed in time, all his power, no smoking from exhaust, stable idle. Here's one video of a cold start.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1KZitIFGirujp0hadOjUzNnIqdUOG-9UM

It might just be the quality of the video but is the aux belt moving?

Have you pinched the pcv hose to see if the pcv valve is faulty? Sounds like it might be a pulley bearing or something, ground groans with the revving.

Have you pinched the pcv hose to see if the pcv valve is faulty? Sounds like it might be a pulley bearing or something, ground groans with the revving.
I didn't checked that for the moment.

It's time to change the pulley and belt, i will check valves and clearences also.

K20 is know to be solid anyone got problems with dead roads or bearings ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be very unlucky. It’s been known to happen with a serious over rev on a dodgy down shift but that’s about it. These engines generally are bombproof so as suggested start with the ancillaries as the more likely culprits if there is indeed a noise.

Start with valve clearances. On my DC5 I found out the crank pulley was shot and was rubbing against the crank case, causing a noise like my bottom end was knackered. That was scary but a relief when found out what it was. After the other suggestions above if there’s still an issue I’d get the chain tensioner checked to give an idea on how easy a life the chain has had and maybe get a compression test at the same time just for your own sanity/piece of mind really

Will do, i don't think i have a problem with a dead rod or bearing, as the noise is way worst, and i would have a large consommation of oil, and when i rev it no big noise as know with a dead rod, Last service 92k nothing in old oil, it has 93k chain and tensioner seems Okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back