• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Aux belt

If you were changing the aux belt would you buy genuine Honda at £50+ or go for Meyle, Blueprint, Gates etc at less than 1/2 of that?

Definitely after market. I generally go for original parts (I work for a merc truck dealer) just because they're correct and fit with bi issues and generally any parts warranty actually counts.

But a belt never seems worth it if you find a good branded one. The sizes are on them and I've never had any issues.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Gates, dayco, conti there's plenty about and I've fitted hundreds of each in the past and no longevity issues with either in my experience.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Gates is what I used.
FnLew did a Good guide on his YouTube channel. It's what I watched before attempting mine.

Don't forget there are two different length belts, depending on whether the car has air con. Or am I thinking of the ep3? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget there are two different length belts, depending on whether the car has air con. Or am I thinking of the ep3? :confused:

Ha ha, don’t tell me that now. Guess I won’t be having air con this summer, ha ha.
Seriously eBay search was my friend, FN2 aux belt. And it went around all the pulleys on that the old one came off so.
Possibly the EP3 then for the 2 sizes

Non-GT FN2 did not have aircon so has shorter belt.

I have watched FNLew and will be doing this myself on both the FN2 and 1.8 Si.

Just wanted to get opinions on the quality of the various brands. Have found that many of the online suppliers are out of stock of many of them at the moment.

Will probably go for the Continental ones for both, or Gates depending on supply.

You only have to spanner the pulley, I used a brace bar to hold the belt when threaded up from the bottom.. It's easy enough.

Attachments

• DSC_0708_copy_2662x1502.jpg
    DSC_0708_copy_2662x1502.jpg
    755 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
unnecessary spend to be honest. Simple basic tools will suffice. Again watch the YouTube clip by FnLew and it's about an hours job if never done before.

Cheers all, thanks for the feedback.

I have inspected both cars and the belts look fine. No sign of wear or cracking in the grooved side, both have only done just over 50k miles so a job for much later on it seems.

Back