• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Shift down icon

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has ever seen the shift down icon ever come up on the dash or even if there is one. The shift up one seems ridiculous, doesn't seem to matter what speed your doing, if your accelerating it tells you to shift up ( these are the arrows for recommended gear changes not the traffic lights ) I daily drive mine and when driving to work just pootle along , got up to 36.9 mpg so far. Obviously the trip home is usually more entertaining :D

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has ever seen the shift down icon ever come up on the dash or even if there is one. The shift up one seems ridiculous, doesn't seem to matter what speed your doing, if your accelerating it tells you to shift up ( these are the arrows for recommended gear changes not the traffic lights ) I daily drive mine and when driving to work just pootle along , got up to 36.9 mpg so far. Obviously the trip home is usually more entertaining :D
If you labour the engine in a high gear at Lewis speed you should see the down shift indicator.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Never seen it myself but I hope to think I am an ok driver! I have no doubt it will come on if you labour the engine as above

Had a play last night . As GT3 said drop below 1000rmp in any gear and the down shift will indeed light . In 6th gear apparently its ok to cruise at 30mph, seems totally unnatural to me but the car didn't seem fussed.

Yep, I'm always rolling around in 6th wherener there's almost no throttle required.

It's the main reason DSG gets better fuel economy on paper. Most manuals don't end up in the higher gears around town!

Back