• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Idling Issue with bouncing Revs

Hi All,

Currently have an issue when my ep3 2003 revs to 2k on idle and just bounces as if it is on a rev limiter, to confirm its not bouncing from 1k to 2k and back down to 1k, it just sits at 2k and revs on a limiter and throws a check engine light with a code p1519 which is a problem with the IAVC.

After taking it all apart there was a wire that was severed which is now fixed but the issue still persists. I then took off the IACV and cleaned the inside and is moving perfectly smooth but still the issue persists, this issue started mid drive. Any ideas on where to look next would be great.

Kind regards,
Shane

You can get a second hand throttle body with all the sensors on it and see if it sorts it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I could try that but wanted to check if there is anything else I could do before I end up doing that, if thats what I have to do I will but wondering if anyone else had any other options

I could try that but wanted to check if there is anything else I could do before I end up doing that, if thats what I have to do I will but wondering if anyone else had any other options
Did you manage to get to the bottom of this?
Mine seems to have started doing this but have noticed that if I switch the car off and back on again it clears it/idles fine

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Hi, try clamping the Idle air assist pipe, whilst the engine is running squeeze with pliers, if it fixes it, buy one of these...

Back