• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2011 FN2 Deep Sapphire Blue

Only had this a few days, just working out the niggles. Not quite as straight as the dealer suggested but still a lovely car. The grip is out of this world. Only thing I've done so far is fit my hand controls and change the clutch fluid as the pedal was a little vauge and the fluid muddy. The brake discs look like their time is coming to an end within the next 10k miles or so, they appear to be cross drilled?

yswuj0r.jpg

Probably going to stay completely standard; I plan to spend my money on maintaining it to the highest standard I can.

Cheers,

Jon.

Hi Jon and welcome,

that is one fine looking FN2, love the colour and the rages look superb, great combo.

look forward to your updates

Baz

Rarest colour.

Keeping it stock and spending on repairs & maintenance is the way to go.

Rarest colour.

Keeping it stock and spending on repairs & maintenance is the way to go.

It's definitely got me doing that already. The cheap copy key supplied by the garage snapped on day two, and today I've just gone to start it and the battery is dead flat. It did 40 mins of commuting yesterday so I feel like I'm being tested...

I've had the geometry done now, thats neatened everything up a bit. I changed the shift boot for a non-ravaged one, then the radio display started showing hieroglyphics. When I did the test on the radio (hold 1 + 6 etc) all the digits showed up crisp and clear, then it started working again fine. Sometimes its fine, sometimes its not. And the air conditioning that the seller said was working fine, isn't.

My last honda wasn't this much trouble... :lol:

EDIT Oh, forgot to say, the cruise control is very intermittent now too.... *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:
That does look nice. These things are sent to test us these little niggles. That's how we get to know our way around the car, then pass on the info to others in need. Only owned mine a few months, little things need sorting. When you get everything working as it should, then that is a nice buy. Mine's silver, sometimes I think I should have got the milano red or blue. They gleam when polished up. How you feeling the rages, have these on mine. Can take some getting used to as makes the ride harsh. Sort of getting used to it, find myself weaving to avoid every hole.

To be honest I don't have a problem with the ride at all. I've had a few track day cars in the past that for some reason always ended up as dailies so I don't even notice the firm ride. As for the alloys, I've not had the other type so I don't know any different.

Before it was delivered they changed a driveshaft to get rid of a vibration, I suspect they won't have bothered to carefully check the fluid level of the gearbox. My next job is to drain and refill the gearbox with the correct fluid, it's almost certainly the same age as the car. However if Honda are cheap enough it might end up going to them, but I doubt it!

Bought genuine Honda gearbox oil from Tegiwa as well as some new iridium plugs. Fitted the plugs and cleaned up a little under the bonnet today. Hemmingway was right, these things have just mean't I've had to work on the car and give it my personal touch. All nuts and bolts cleaned up and copper greased before they were refitted, a few slightly rusty brackets cleaned up on the wire wheel, painted and refitted. It's getting a bit of care and as a result I feel happier. It's like a rescue dog or something!

Cheers, Jon.

Z2nYLmB.jpg

Bit of a tidy up. I thought it was going to be an awful job when I saw that I couldn't get the coil packs off without removing the upper heat shield, but it really wasn't bad at all.

Had a boot load of joy with this car but we finally have an understanding and we are back in love.

Driving along the road I heard a funny noise, I thought something was dragging underneath. Pulled over to look and couldn't see anything on the underside... until I went to get back in the car and saw the drivers wheelarch dragging on the floor, only attached at front and back. Previous owner had used araldite to glue it on. When I asked him about it he denied all knowledge but he had used the same glue to glop the grille type R badge on so I'm guessing it was him.

Almost all the trim clips were snapped clean off, only wood screws into other plastic remained. Used Cox's and got a new wheelarch trim (ready sprayed to a perfect colour match!), new grille to replace the araldited one with snapped clips, and took most of the front end off replacing anything that looked damaged, fitting brand new clips and plastic trim rivets. It's now all correctly fitted with all the right clips and finally the bumper is sitting straight (another thing the previous owner had said, "They never fit right as people always run the bumper up on kerbs!", I don't mate as I'm not a lemon). Luckily I found all the metalwork underneath was completely untouched and original, so thats one less thing to worry about. It's now "as new".

Next up I would like to fit a better stereo, someone has fitted a bluetooth hands free kit and put the screen right in front of the vents thus making them useless. Also the stereo is quite weedy from the factory in my opinion. I reckon a good quality double DIN will be the order of the day.

Future plans; I would rather have the standard alloys I think, I'll look for some good ones to refurb in slow time. In my opinion would look great white against the blue, but I'm open to the opinions of others. The aforementioned previous owner had also fitted two cheap tyres and so it had two goodyears and two no-brand ditchfinders. However for some reason the goodyears were on the left and the no-names were on the right.... I've swapped them with the cheaper tyres on the front as I'd rather the back end didn't step out uncommanded. When the no names wear out I'll get some decent rubber on there.

Sorry about the waffle. I'm using this thread more like a diary than anything else!

Don't go White. Just my opinion but white looks awful unless on white or black.
Stick with the gunmetal colour scheme. See if you can get a colour match off the trim on the front grille. It would link the car together colour wise.
If you find yourself selling the rages drop me a PM with price ��

Had a boot load of joy with this car but we finally have an understanding and we are back in love.

Driving along the road I heard a funny noise, I thought something was dragging underneath. Pulled over to look and couldn't see anything on the underside... until I went to get back in the car and saw the drivers wheelarch dragging on the floor, only attached at front and back. Previous owner had used araldite to glue it on. When I asked him about it he denied all knowledge but he had used the same glue to glop the grille type R badge on so I'm guessing it was him.

Almost all the trim clips were snapped clean off, only wood screws into other plastic remained. Used Cox's and got a new wheelarch trim (ready sprayed to a perfect colour match!), new grille to replace the araldited one with snapped clips, and took most of the front end off replacing anything that looked damaged, fitting brand new clips and plastic trim rivets. It's now all correctly fitted with all the right clips and finally the bumper is sitting straight (another thing the previous owner had said, "They never fit right as people always run the bumper up on kerbs!", I don't mate as I'm not a lemon). Luckily I found all the metalwork underneath was completely untouched and original, so thats one less thing to worry about. It's now "as new".

Next up I would like to fit a better stereo, someone has fitted a bluetooth hands free kit and put the screen right in front of the vents thus making them useless. Also the stereo is quite weedy from the factory in my opinion. I reckon a good quality double DIN will be the order of the day.

Future plans; I would rather have the standard alloys I think, I'll look for some good ones to refurb in slow time. In my opinion would look great white against the blue, but I'm open to the opinions of others. The aforementioned previous owner had also fitted two cheap tyres and so it had two goodyears and two no-brand ditchfinders. However for some reason the goodyears were on the left and the no-names were on the right.... I've swapped them with the cheaper tyres on the front as I'd rather the back end didn't step out uncommanded. When the no names wear out I'll get some decent rubber on there.

Sorry about the waffle. I'm using this thread more like a diary than anything else!
Hi mate, cracking car and i was desperate for rage alloys a few years ago but glad i stayed on the 18s. I've just bought a new set of alloys so will be selling my older oem 18s if interested.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back