• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 T valve mod

Hi guys
Has anyone done the t valve mod on the fk2?
I know the part they use is fitted to the fk8, and I'm looking for feedback as to the benefits of doing it, some say more boost but I've not seen any figures to backup the claim. Some say it's to counteract loss of boost
I'm old school in my way of thinking if it ain't bust don't fix it. But I've read of quite a few that has done it but without the reason why. The parts themselves are only 15 quid from tegiwa, although I hear you need the hands of a 10 y old school girl to do it as it's very tricky to get to. but I'm thinking if it was an issue with the fk2, hence the reason for them fitting it to the fk8 then should there not have been a recall for it?
I see the kit has 3 bungs which effectively close off 3 pipes in the process which is the biggest factor in my not doing it yet as I'm not sure if any damage could be done by this

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done it ,once you get bulkhead panel out its then easy
You are right why do it if not broke also for £15 why not then you wont have any worries
I don't think there were any performance gains but I thought it picks up better so maybe mines was getting faulty and also on 2 occasions I had little or no boost
Blanking pipes will not damage anything!!!!!!

I've done it purely as a precaution. It made no difference to the way it drives which is what I expected.

I wouldn't bother messing about trying to do it without moving the scuttle panel as it's way too tight and given that the hose attachment to the inlet manifold is plastic it could easily be damaged if you're heavy handed.

Thanks guys, so it's more of a failsafe mod then? I've not read of any actually failing so far so just wondered why everyone was doing it, as it dosent appear to give gains.
I have read an article on hendys I think that it will fail in time, although that may just be a marketing ploy to sell the kit
Its just the thought of blanking off pipes that are there for a reason made me wary

you need a cheap hose connector and a cap or like I did a bolt, no point spending 15 quid on a 'kit' and its its a preventative mod (unless the valve has failed). but yes its a bit of a **** of a job, I struggled to get my hands in there and the pipes were on tight.

I do this mod my car, i think car makes boost litle fast now. Spray wd-40 etc. In hose joint that helps when you take oldhose off

i'm on the belief it's a preventative measure for when the t-valve fails (which affects boost).
i was planning to do it when i had the scuttle tray off for fitting oil catch can but couldnt get the bits in time so not bothered.
worth doing/knowing about for when it fails or you have to go down the back of the engine for whatever reason. i wouldnt bother do it if it's your only job down there.

Back