• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Replacement Sachs shocks

Hi guys,

I'm investigating the cost/availability of replacement shocks - in case I need to change them (11 year old and all)
Car will only see everyday use, not set a lap at the Ring. Therefore I'd like to stay close to OEM geometry etc

Seen replacement Sachs units in onlinecarparts website. They show different units for Front left and Front right, so they appear to be different.
Are both rear ones the same?
They show two different options for rear ones, anyone knows what the difference might be?

Cheers,

John

The front are different because they have all sorts of bits bolted to them that makes them handed.

As far as I know the rears are same L&R. There may be different options and TBH I don't know why, if you go with Sachs you won't go far wrong as that's who Honda use.
You will see the Sachs labels on them but only the Honda part number of course!

you could then use that part number to reference the Sachs parts on Autodoc or other websites.

This is a good reference for all the parts you will ever need:
https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-cars/CIVIC/2010/20-TYPE-R-PLUS/10751

Last edited by a moderator:
as Wilmo said the fronts are sided as their typical Macpherson struts so the spring seats sit a certain way, brake hose clips welded on different for each side etc, rears the last time i priced them off the top of my head weren't sided, it was just a rear shock tube itself as they aren't integrated with the springs.

from what i remember most guys that tried changing them out hoping for better ride quality were usually disapointed, its just a harsh riding wee car, i know you mentioned that in the other thread hoping for a ride quality improvement, i even considered it myself when i first got the car but after a few searches i came across threads where guys had did that and didnt notice any real improvement, unless their shagged to the point where they aren't controlling the spring anymore you aren't going to find much difference.

When i got mine the rear drivers side was probably seized because there was no movement and a serious crash over every bump.

Replaced under Honda used warranty and now there is just a small crash over every bump.

Back