• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ST to Type R?

Hello, i currently drive a 2014 Fiesta ST-3, but due to the current situation i'm seriously considering releasing some funds so i can pay off some debt. So what i'd be looking to do is swap for a FN2 and cash my way, having owned an EP3 i don't really fancy one of those again, max budget for the car is £4500 ideally. I was wondering if there is anyone on here who has done something similar? cheers, Olly.

I know someone who went from FN2 to Fiesta ST. I went from Ep3 to Focus ST225 to FN2. What do you need to know?

thanks for the reply mate, i went from a Focus ST225 to EP3! basically just looking for advice, how do you find the FN2 compared to the ST? has the person you know mentioned if they prefer the ST? i know they are all completely different engines/set ups ect but i will definitely be tuning the FN2 if i get one and i've never chased figures. Also how do you like the TT? i've always been tempted by the 2.0tfsi

Last edited by a moderator:
I went from an EP3 to an ST225 (modded to 300bhp). If you need to free up the cash then do it. An FN2 and Fez ST are 2 completely different cars and it all depends on what you want. Easy power throughout the Rev range or a car which you have to kick its head in to get anything out of it? Even with tuning you’d be laying out some decent cash for small gains in the FN also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did exactly that for the same reasons, had my St2 on a pcp deal with ford. However I knew I had positive equity in the ST and sold it to free up cash.
As other posts say, they are 2 different cars.
However I do find myself looking again at the fiesta ST and you'll prob do the same.
Watching SparkPlugSteve on YouTube doesn't help. It seems the mods on the ST aren't nearly as expensive as those for the FN2.

Back