• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 VSA and cam code coming on at the same time

Have a fn2 type r and been getting P0308 codes popping up on occasion, now sometimes the VSA pops up along with the cam code with an error at the same time, I've cleared the codes and it sometimes take a while to come back, no loss of power, no miss fires etc i cant think of any reason why they would be connected, but the VSA light has never just came up itself.

anyone any ideas?

I know its probably a candidate for having a stretched chain given the fact its 13 years old and has 100k+ but just curious as to why the VSA light comes on in conjunction with it? i thought it was maybe a battery issue as when you start some cars with tired batteries they can cause the ECU to bring up strange codes as it pulls the battery to a lower voltage than the ECU likes, but the battery is still going strong

Earthing fault maybe? I don't know much about Honda but funny sensor readings can occur then. Otherwise the battery thing isn't a bad call. One other thing to consider, is there anything that could be generating electrical interference? Have you mucked about with the sparkplugs and/or coilpacks lately?

Back