• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 ODB tool - any worth having?

Hi guys,

Anyone come across an ODB scanner tool worth having for the FN2?

Cheers,

John

I've got Foxwell NT204 that does the basics.
Not had any error codes yet to test it out.

I don't know about Honda specific but I've found my bluetooth one bought for a few quid on eBay, used with the free Torque app, has worked fine for everything. I've got a professional grade one in the shed I don't even bother getting out as the cheap one does more.

Thanks guys.

Ordered a Foxwell NT204.

After a some search on Amazon and fleabay I decided that I don't want to take the risk of a cheap Chinese plug damaging the ECU.
And don't get me started on some of the bluetooth dongles demanding for more money in order to use them fully. I read all the negative reviews first, don't get fooled by fake 5* reviews

The blue dongle that is rumoured to be the best of bluetooth units, doesn't work as well for UK cars - shame eh.

Foxwell nt650 elite

Does abs too

I got it to reset my throttle position after cleaning throttle body my idle and revs were all over the place

The foxwell resets the pcm for you then resets the tps then you just do the idle relearn and all sorted / back to normal

Probably would have bought the Foxwell nt650 Elite, but now got the NT204 so it doesn't make sense to dump it.
Not until I need extra functions at least!

Back