• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Hondata flash pro questions and or Alternatives

Bazzagt4

evening chaps,

i'm carrying out some research into the ECU tuning and everything leads me back to Hondata , I know this may sound basic but does it need Mapping after install or do you just Jailbreak the ECU and then do it yourself, this would scare me as I would be playing with parameters I know nothing about. I currently have a Eventuri intake and will get a exhaust later, would these need mapping in by a tuner?

Also, are there alternatives out there that may be worth a look at?

these questions may seem basic but I just want to know how much more than the initial £700 it would cost to have a safe but powerful tune.

regards
Baz

Speak to Paul West of TPW Engineering, formerly of Tdi-North. He is independent and can travel now. If I was looking to get one done I would at least be seeing what he can offer first.

He has developed safe plug and play solutions for the FK8, selectable maps and gauges via the OEM headunit and other fancy stuff.

With regards Hondata, it used to be on the FN2 days, you'd install a generic map (GroupN map at the time for that model) from Flashpro Manager until you wanted to get the custom tune done. Anything that altered cats or significantly affected air intake volumes might need a remap sharpish.

Hi Loxy,

that's great info, thank you, I have read a fair bit about Paul West so think he will be my 1st contact to pick his brain.

Baz

North / South divide?

I believe that TDI North will look after you too.

Very true....but the Dream sticker is better than a Turbo Diesel one...:D

I also follow this chap 'king_tuna1' from TPW engineering. He maps Hondas all over the country, did 4 Fk8s yesterday. Also does a pop and bang map..... (retreats to bunker)

many thanks for your input gents,

I have made contact with Paul and see what can be done, it sucks living in north Norfolk as you are miles from anyone but maybe stuff can be done remotely nowadays or its a great excuse for a road trip.

Baz

As I am sure you have seen earth Dreams has just posted in the 'What did you do to your type r section about his dyno session, and that he was having problems with hondata and switched to ktuner.

Ed, we may be on to you for more details mate..!

As I am sure you have seen earth Dreams has just posted in the 'What did you do to your type r section about his dyno session, and that he was having problems with hondata and switched to ktuner.

Ed, we may be on to you for more details mate..!

I am hearing what you are saying, but my mods will be minimal compared to that FK , Im not looking for huge power just good solid map that will work with maybe intake and exhaust and sit me in the mid 350bhp.

I will trust Paul to give me the info and support he is renowned for

Baz

no apologies for confusion, I was endorsing Paul! He worked with Ed

I am same as you, nice 350 sweet spot....roll on Oct

ive been looking into this also.. good news is with Hondata, you dont need to send your ecu for jailbreak anymore as hondata can do an instant jailbreak ($250 directly from Hondata themselves)
https://www.hondata.com/instant-jailbreak

Turns out you need to pay this $250 on top of the price of the hardware so raises the cost significantly, for some reason I didn't twig this at the time so pushes the price way over £1,300 inc a remote tune, thinking maybe better to use this on a nice exhaust instead, decisions decisions, can't really afford both right now

Baz

Turns out you need to pay this $250 on top of the price of the hardware so raises the cost significantly, for some reason I didn't twig this at the time so pushes the price way over £1,300 inc a remote tune, thinking maybe better to use this on a nice exhaust instead, decisions decisions, can't really afford both right now

Baz

I would recommend waiting for your warranty to expire.

Very true....but the Dream sticker is better than a Turbo Diesel one...:D

I also follow this chap 'king_tuna1' from TPW engineering. He maps Hondas all over the country, did 4 Fk8s yesterday. Also does a pop and bang map..... (retreats to bunker)
That's Paul West from tdi I think as mentioned above.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Try Romaine Levesque from Racecal, heard very good things. Think he maps independantly too but does some work out of Dream. He does the mapping at JM Imports in Newcastle which is near where I'm based. Those guys knock out some serious stuff!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Back