• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Hondata flash pro questions and or Alternatives

Last update for now........

Well I finally hade the time and location to get some good solid Data logging done and safely away from heavy traffic (early morning runs on the only bit of dual carriageway for miles) some good data collected allowing Paul to finish fine tuning the map then uploaded into the cars ecu. Yet another level for drivability and so smooth with the power delivery through 3rd 4th 5th and 6th, on hard acceleration you fight a bit with the wheel, maybe because I need new tyres , as before I am more than happy with the money I have spent so far and the service Paul has given has been brilliant.
in hindsight I do think I should have looked more at the V tuner package as I have read lots of positive things and its become more apparent that Paul actually prefers V tuner over Hondata, I do wish he had maybe advised me which way to go rather than just allow me to buy what I wanted as I wasn't sure what I wanted and would have listened to his views as he is so well respected in the mapping/tuning scene.

so to summarise my already quick Honda is even quicker, smoother and uses no more fuel than before we started, I always run on 99ron fuel and the gains for just over £1k is worth it in my view. One day I will get it on the rollers to see what we have in the real world but its not that important as Im happy with it anyway.

I hope this thread helps someone make a choice before spending a grand or so in the future. thanks for everyone that inputted along this journey.
90D2C9B0-318F-43E4-8ACA-981116650972_1_201_a by Barry Cross, on Flickr

Nice one Bazza...and you do seem to know how to take a photo as well, car always looks great..!

Yeah that's why I asked you that question on Ktuner vs hondata as I knew Paul prefers it, but glad you're happy with the HD

I am struggling to get Paul booked to be honest. Is it best to call him as I am not getting much joy with mails

You know I actually test drove a PMM & didn't even give it consideration when choosing a colour :smt119

Now everytime I see Bazza's car I get colour envy :mrgreen: :lol:

Nice one Bazza...and you do seem to know how to take a photo as well, car always looks great..!

Yeah that's why I asked you that question on Ktuner vs hondata as I knew Paul prefers it, but glad you're happy with the HD

I am struggling to get Paul booked to be honest. Is it best to call him as I am not getting much joy with mails
Not sure if you're on Instagram but I messaged him a while back, very responsive. Asked loads of questions, seemed happy to have a conversation rather than just yes and nos. @king_tuna1

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

How's the car going since your tune Bazza? I'm starting to ponder mod's now having ruled out jumping ship and warranty just up. Having a good read of the US forums and seem to be swaying towards hondata, although I see you mentioned you should have maby went Ktuner?

@FaNtheMaN are your running Ktuner now too? anything in particular that swayed you? Also on your Remus is the stock option you went for (no front pipe included on remus if im right?) or have you an additional frontpipe and decat aswell?

How's the car going since your tune Bazza? I'm starting to ponder mod's now having ruled out jumping ship and warranty just up. Having a good read of the US forums and seem to be swaying towards hondata, although I see you mentioned you should have maby went Ktuner?

@FaNtheMaN are your running Ktuner now too? anything in particular that swayed you? Also on your Remus is the stock option you went for (no front pipe included on remus if im right?) or have you an additional frontpipe and decat aswell?

Hi mate, yeah I have the ktuner and am very happy with it. The reason I went with it over hondata was that Paul West of tdi north fame prefers it (earth dreams on here had some issues on hondata now on ktuner), I wanted it custom tuned on a dyno by someone with a good rep AND I wanted a pop and bang map as I am an immature chav wannabe. You can’t get pops and bangs on hondata FYI but you do get a really good traction control replacement. So I have two maps, pop and bang I’d guess is around 350 bhp and the other dyno’d at 394 bhp and 371 lb/ft (only got one print out) and Paul was a bit vague but said it was lower. There is room for 3 more maps, all integrated into the ktuner dash app with all the dials with tonnes of configurations.

I did want the Remus downpipe but they simply couldn’t fit that in on the day as it takes 3 hours (apparently) so I didn’t bother. With a down pipe and intake you’d definitely get over 400 as the standard down pipe is very restrictive. Even better with a sports cat or decat.

What I will say is the civic seems to be so competent that it takes the power in its stride and you get used to it quickly!! Might have to get that downpipe after all.....

Hi Buddy,

Still very happy with the car and its current mods, Since fitting the Remus with front pipe it has once again transformed the car , Way more power than I need esp this time of year, I have no issues with Hondata and don't regret my purchase, all mods seem to work together well in my opinion.

Regards
Baz

Thanks for the info guys, still torn which way to go, its hard finding Rolling Road tuning for either option over this side of the pond so likelihood is ill need a remote tune but good to know its available for both.

I think I'm set on the remus exhaust either ways, but just to confirm does the remus as standard come as a centre section back system? Then you need to purchase a front pipe from them separately to bring it up to the cat? And then you have the option of decat/sports cat?

Thanks for the info guys, still torn which way to go, its hard finding Rolling Road tuning for either option over this side of the pond so likelihood is ill need a remote tune but good to know its available for both.

I think I'm set on the remus exhaust either ways, but just to confirm does the remus as standard come as a centre section back system? Then you need to purchase a front pipe from them separately to bring it up to the cat? And then you have the option of decat/sports cat?

Front pipe (down pipe) goes to the Cat, then the standard Remus goes from 'cat to the back'. You purchase the remus front pipe and cat replacement pipe separately, or a sports cat

Where you living mate?

Front pipe (down pipe) goes to the Cat, then the standard Remus goes from 'cat to the back'. You purchase the remus front pipe and cat replacement pipe separately, or a sports cat

Where you living mate?

Are you sure on that or are we both mixed up? Looking at video's of an exhaust swop, it looks like the remus goes to just before the front crossmember, you then need their separate front pipe that goes forward to the cat convertor (or as the yanks say, downpipe) I'm in Ireland

Back