• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Coolant: is it safe to use the drain plug?

I've heard horror stories that the cheap plastic shatters and you're left looking for new parts:eek:

What is the verdict on the FN2, would the drain plug actually work 11 years later?
If not, is there an obvious hose people use to drain the coolant?

Cheers,

John

Thanks Wilmo, I'm about to do it and still pondering..
The coolant hose is just next to it and it is tempting to just undo that - a low-risk operation
choices, choices heh

The drain plug actually worked a treat.
Honda uses decent plastics it seems.:cool:

Now the bastid expansion tank is another story..

Whoever greenlighted the FN2 mechanical packaging needs to go back to school. A lot of roundabout work to perform even the simplest of tasks:mad:

I know, already have them on the side and did some searching.
Also bought slim plug sockets. Will probably do them when I sit down the do the valves, since they are on the way.
A bastid to work on, for no good reason IMO. At least you don't have to drop the engine for simple stuff heh..

Do literally anything on a Clio. The FN2 looks great in comparison.

I did my spark plugs a few days ago, when you go to lift the coil pack out and it hits the underside of the scuttle.... FFS....

Actually though I'm glad I ended up taking everything off as I was able to clean and rustproof while I was there.

Back