• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Auto Stop Start Issues

Hi Guys,

I've been having some issues with my auto stop start which I asked Honda to check out at my most recent service, they told me that my battery failed the battery check test.

I went away and ordered a new battery and just fitted it and I'm still having the same problem.

Everytime I start the car it get the message "auto stop start is unavailable"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Assuming it's a start stop battery you bought. It may be a dodgy ss sensor, or mabey the new battery wasn't at full charge, give it a good run with no aircon or radio on and see if that helps

Same here, although I charged it, it won't charge to full.
Still on warranty. Going to service next month.

Efb and agm battery need efb/agm charger max volt 14.7. I spoil my oem batter whit oldstyle charger

Hi The engine stop/start is only available when the battery is fully charged. It is disabled when in +R . If you don't run you car every day it just needs a good run to put some charge into the battery,then it should work.
Regards Fred.

I had a new battery on mine and the stop start worked initially but soon stopped, no bad thing in my opinion.

To be honest, everytime I get in my fk2 type r GT I press the disable switch on the stop start as I don't use it daily so it only gets charged up maybe once a week or maybe once a fortnight. Also I know the battery is higher rated than a battery on a car without stop start, but I'm not too fond of the engine stopping if you've been using the turbo and the engine and turbo will be very hot, I know Honda will have designed the engine even with a turbo to work on stop start but as I say I would rather the engine be running when I stop so the coolant and oil are circulating. Occasionally I might forget to switch off the stop start feature, maybe when I've put fuel in or been somewhere and got out, then at the next traffic lights or junction the engine switches off or I get the message stop start not available. If you have a lot of stops in a day starting the engine al lot surely this must have an overall effect on the battery life. I know stop start is intended to save fuel but is it at the cost of some battery life?
Happy days in your quite rare Honda Civic Type R fk2. Regards Fred.

Back