• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Boost Blue

Long Story Guys. Picked up the motor yesterday. Omg it looked amazing even in the drizzle. Only 1 problem. Nothing ever goes simple for me.
The guys who have fitted my led lights option on the tailgate interior have damaged the bumper. Thankfully Ryan the manager has already ordered a complete new one from Belgium to be fitted some time next week.
But it’s just screwed up everything. The plan was to be that Yesterday. As gut wrenching enough to let it go. i was taking it straight from there. Warrington to Birkenhead to get it PPF’d. And picking it back up all done on Tuesday.
I had decided to not just get the front done, but I’m going ahead with getting the entire car done in the stuff now instead.
But now thanks to the careless engineer in the workshop. The car is now with the PPF guys.
But they can’t do the rear bumper just yet, until I have gotten the new one fitted back over at Warrington.
Then it’s a return visit to finish the PPF. Aaaaaaa problems problems.
I’m tell you, the grief and delays I’ve had getting this car.
But actually seeing her yesterday in the flesh was just incredible. When I looked at it, I can’t believe that it’s actually mine.
She’s a stunner

What a pain. What lights were they fitting in the rear to screw the bumper? Not familiar with any options in that area?

No Mate.
It’s a brand new option that honda have recently introduced. It goes on the bulkhead. 2 led lights that shine down when you open up the tailgate. So when they have fitted them they have probably dropped a screw driver or something onto the bumper while gaining access. I haven’t had time yet to get any pics to show you all. But as soon as I can I will

That does sound good. Honda boot lights always suck!

Yes they are Good. But obviously I haven’t had a chance to see them proper working in the dark. But yesterday the guys came out to see me. And they did say that when they had finished all my extras they turned all the lights off in the garage, and started her up. and they all praised it, saying just how good it looks.
The manager said that, honestly in all his days that he’s never seen or sold a Type-R like it.

Don’t let dealers do dealer fit options!!!

No, sorry you’ve had this aggro, be worth it in the end. Hope the ppf goes well though, what could possibly go wrong!

I dread to think mate. Knowing my luck the PPF workshop where it is now :eek::lol:will burn down with my car in it

The Racing blue hood scoop and mirror Caps that they took off to replace with the Carbon ones I bought.
I asked for them back. They are mine after all. And they kindly agreed. They are brand and new not a mark on them and boxed in the boxes that the Carbon ones were in.
I did want them for my mancave. But I’m Considering selling them on e-Bay. I think that they should be put to better use. I reckon that they would look Cool on a Championship White or a Red car. What do yz reckon guys. Should I sell em or keep hold

The Racing blue hood scoop and mirror Caps that they took off to replace with the Carbon ones I bought.
I asked for them back. They are mine after all. And they kindly agreed. They are brand and new not a mark on them and boxed in the boxes that the Carbon ones were in.
I did want them for my mancave. But I’m Considering selling them on e-Bay. I think that they should be put to better use. I reckon that they would look Cool on a Championship White or a Red car. What do yz reckon guys. Should I sell em or keep hold

I’d keep them, you could switch back before you sell and sell the CF ones. I don’t think the are that expensive to buy, not sure they would look good on another colour car either.

I thought that myself that I’d swap them back whenever I sell it.
It’s just the thought of them gathering dust for god knows how long.
When someone might want to bite my hand off for them

Do you think that I should need to tell my insurance company that I’ve had the car PPF’d ?

I’d keep them, you could switch back before you sell and sell the CF ones. I don’t think the are that expensive to buy, not sure they would look good on another colour car either.

Agreed, they’d look crap on another colour

No, don’t think you have to tell insurance on ppf. One big sticker really!

On the insurance front i really don’t know but I PPF i would of thought may help increase the value of your car, as such should the worse happen, no GAP and having to compare pricing to other cars you might be able to leverage more money.

For the price, I'd highly recommend gap insurance. Was only in the region of £150 for full RTI; I put my previous Civic into armco and got the full purchase price (£8000+) from gap, after the insurance had already paid off finance and a bit on top.

Best insurance moeny ever spent.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Back