• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Boost Blue

I’ve currently got the original blue which I like. When I was thinking about buying the Honda I was also looking at the blue focus RS. I think boost blue is very similar to the RS colour. I think it looks great but do prefer the slightly deeper blue that the earlier versions were painted in. However if I was buying a new Honda now it would be boost blue.

I was also thinking of the focus RS and liked the Nitrous Blue and boost is very similar

However, I am not sure it works with the red accents and all it needs is some yellow and it would be superman's daily driver (no offence to Rottboy if you're reading!)

It's been ready to order for a while though I believe, just not sure when deliveries will happen. A good few North Americans getting theirs now

You still can't configure boost blue on the Honda UK website and no sign of the other 2020 updates either.

If I was buying one I think I'd go for boost blue, but would have to see it in the flesh first.

I like the Boost Blue colour, I also like the Phoenix Yellow but not on the FK8, I think these colours suit other cars better.

I also think certain colours are synonymous to certain cars, traditionally the Type R colours are White, Red and Black and these colours suit the car.

The styling of the FK8 is very aggressive and these loud colours make an already very OTT car look quite garish.

Personally I chose the Polished Metal Metallic colour to tone it down a bit and I think it's a bit more subtle. I was wary of buying a Championship White or Rallye Red one for this reason also, again I like those colours but it stands out a bit too much for me.

The thing is my previous R was the EP3 30th Anniversary model and was Milano Red and at the time Honda refused to do a white one it was only available in Japan So my choices next will be Boost Blue or Championship White

The Boost Blue Blues

Hi all.
Had some Very disappointing news today from my dealership. In June I put down my £500 deposit for my new 2020 CTR GT in Boost Blue. I was told that I could possibly have it in July/August. Then in August I was told that Honda still weren’t releasing them until they had sold all of the 2019’s, at that time there were only 2 left at Honda, but there were 17 left in Dealerships around the country. and to be hopeful for end of September. But only today 15-09-20 I’ve been told that the Production of the Boost Blue colour won’t be available for My delivery until 13-01-21. .because they are apparently built to order. January 2021 What the hell
I Was told that if I wanted One sooner I can have a grey Metallic Or possibly some other colours might be available In mid October. I’ve decided to hold out for the Boost Blue, it’s all I’ve focused on since February when I first saw it.
I’ve asked the question for a possible Freebie/extra for Honda letting me down. Fingers crossed that the boss is in a good mood and takes pity on me.
If anyone knows otherwise that the Boost Blue colour is out sooner please let me know

Hi all.
Had some Very disappointing news today from my dealership. In June I put down my £500 deposit for my new 2020 CTR GT in Boost Blue. I was told that I could possibly have it in July/August. Then in August I was told that Honda still weren’t releasing them until they had sold all of the 2019’s, at that time there were only 2 left at Honda, but there were 17 left in Dealerships around the country. and to be hopeful for end of September. But only today 15-09-20 I’ve been told that the Production of the Boost Blue colour won’t be available for My delivery until 13-01-21. .because they are apparently built to order. January 2021 What the hell
I Was told that if I wanted One sooner I can have a grey Metallic Or possibly some other colours might be available In mid October. I’ve decided to hold out for the Boost Blue, it’s all I’ve focused on since February when I first saw it.
I’ve asked the question for a possible Freebie/extra for Honda letting me down. Fingers crossed that the boss is in a good mood and takes pity on me.
If anyone knows otherwise that the Boost Blue colour is out sooner please let me know

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/...n-caravan-park-be-Tenby&p=1414992#post1414992

Someone’s got one! I feel for you GTEC, it’s a ball ache waiting for a new car in normal times, let alone in the middle of this pandemic cluster fook. Admire you holding out for one, never know might be sooner. Don’t think you will get much joy on the freebie front, maybe some carpet mats

Yup Racing Blue not available until January, I was told 70 cars were spec rhd in this colour and were bought up as dealer stock. Focus is entirely on LHD stock I’m afraid. Limited stock will keep prices high so little haggling.

Hi Fan the Man.
Honestly..Really....someone actually has one right now!! All I’m being told is that the 2020 is not even on sale in the uk yet. That goes for all colours. And on the Freebie department I am already getting some free mats thrown in with my original order. I’ve asked if I can possibly have, or at least get some discount off of a Tailgate Spoiler. Even if they don’t want to give me anything, I’ll still be adding that to my list when I do the paperwork. If you don’t ask,you definitely don’t get. So I’m still waiting for the reply on that one. Regards

Boost blue just doesn’t suit the Type R IMO.

Well I think it looks amazing through my eyes. Apparently the colour looks even better in the flesh, rather than in pics. They say the camera just doesn’t do it justice. We’ll just have to wait and see.

I saw my first boost blue one this morning going towards Barnet.

No way.... Seriously. What’s my salesperson on about telling me they’re not in production yet??
Anyway, how did it look to you. Do you think the colour suits it ?
Regards GTEC

No way.... Seriously. What’s my salesperson on about telling me they’re not in production yet??
Regards GTEC

They’ve had one at Howards Honda in Taunton for a while.

Regards GTEC

It looks better in the flesh but i'm still not a fan. ( personal choice )

Last edited by a moderator:
got a marketing mail from Honda on the new type r, boost blue not on the configurator still although the other updates are

What car hot hatch of the year...again...:lol:

Back