• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Insurance ...

So it's that time of year again, I'm curious to know who you are insured with? And are you getting a good deal?

Direct Line - £420
Full Comp, Full no claims etc + NCP

Iv'e been quoted £380 upwards, I used to be with Sainsbury's Insurance on my DC5 which was super cheap @ £280 but they are super expensive for the FK8 @ £1220.

Hi,

Im very lucky as im old (55) so have just moved over to SAGA :eek: they were the best deal at £302.00 for the year with no excess, protected NCB what with that and only £145 tax this is a very cheap car to run for the power it has.

Hastings were my previous insurer but were £395 for the year.

Regards
Baz

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's that time of year again, I'm curious to know who you are insured with? And are you getting a good deal?

Direct Line - £420
Full Comp, Full no claims etc + NCP

Iv'e been quoted £380 upwards, I used to be with Sainsbury's Insurance on my DC5 which was super cheap @ £280 but they are super expensive for the FK8 @ £1220.
Admiral. I'm 30, been driving since I was 17, full no claims, no accidents, points etc (touch wood). Mods declared, exhaust, air filter, engine chip up to 10% bhp increase. £56 per month

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Admiral multi-car. My Civic and the wife’s Mazda CX3, no claims protected, £480. Both, er, “mature”! :p

I’m with Churchill. Clean licence, I’m 57, and annual mileage of 10000 and my premiums £198 fully comp with protected no claims.

Hastings Direct for me.
34 with 9+ years no claims protected for £350 on my renewal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for starting this thread, it is both interesting and useful.

I am 60 years old (unfortunately) and with Direct Line.

I have full NCB protected and paid £529 last year. Looking at the premiums quoted in this thread, think it's time to shop around!

Cheers

Hi,
I know insurance quotes use many variables to reach a figure like location, driving history, modified etc, but I was very impressed with the Saga quote and had to ring them to check all was correct.

I never seem to renew with the same insurer for more than a year so shopping around has become the annual norm.

stay safe
Baz

Cheers

3 cars on a multi policy for myself and the wife with Aviva but will be switching to Admiral this month.

£850 for a 1.6 Caddy Van, 2.0 Scirocco & a A45.

41 & 35 with full NCB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you all for the info, it’s interesting to see how it varies so much as there are so many factors that determine the price of the premium. I’m quite happy with the prices I’m being quoted, when you consider the performance and value of the car I think it’s actually quite reasonable.

I’m very tempted to get an exhaust but I don’t want my premium to go up significantly because of it. At the moment I have done some choice Honda extras so I don’t think they are considered to be modifications.

The multi car policy isn’t something I’ve ever done, does it tend to give you a good saving? The funniest thing is the Mrs C-HR costs more to insure than my CTR? God knows why as we both have the same NCB & no accidents etc.

Thank you all for the info, it’s interesting to see how it varies so much as there are so many factors that determine the price of the premium. I’m quite happy with the prices I’m being quoted, when you consider the performance and value of the car I think it’s actually quite reasonable.

I’m very tempted to get an exhaust but I don’t want my premium to go up significantly because of it. At the moment I have done some choice Honda extras so I don’t think they are considered to be modifications.

The multi car policy isn’t something I’ve ever done, does it tend to give you a good saving? The funniest thing is the Mrs C-HR costs more to insure than my CTR? God knows why as we both have the same NCB & no accidents etc.
My exhaust and filter cost a big fat £0 to add to my policy.

The engine chip/remap was under 20 quid too and then a 20 quid admin fee for the change because it was mid policy.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

yeah i am with directline and I told them about the exhaust expecting a big fat increase, but they asked what BHP does it add. Remus quotes a number, but I think its next to nothing...so I went with that and it was zero cost...

I didn't think Direct line would let you mod it full stop so we shall see what's what in October at renewal time, which quite handily is when the warranty runs out and I want a remap.

It is very true that there are many factors that affect the premiums of cars. As an example the wife and I have a multicar policy with LV and it costs more to insure her 7 year old BMW 320i touring than my 2019 FK8?!? Same drivers and location on both cars. Both of us over 40 with clean licenses and full NCB. We are paying around £650 for the two cars.

Often the biggest influence is the number of cars and who is driving them. My 71 year old dad has a 18 month old M140i and struggles to insure it for under £500 a year. Basically BMW sold so many on cheap leases that you had a lot of younger, or inexperienced RWD owners crashing what is a pretty powerful car. So premiums have rocketed.

Can vouch for Adrian Flux, was with them for years. Good company to deal with. Only recently changed as they couldn't beat Axa (£420 protected NCB, reduced excess,.legal etc...)

As a note of caution for everyone it's worth also checking that the insurance company you choose has a policy that if your car gets stolen and not recovered it's not classified as a
"fault claim" . ( As It happened to me recently ). My insurance company was Markerstudy.

Had my DC5 with them via Sky I think. Never had to claim fortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As a note of caution for everyone it's worth also checking that the insurance company you choose has a policy that if your car gets stolen and not recovered it's not classified as a
"fault claim" . ( As It happened to me recently ). My insurance company was Markerstudy.

As I understand it if your insurer is unable to recover the costs of your claim from another party then it is classed as a fault claim.

Back