• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Wing Mirror replacement

Morning, I came out to my car yesterday to find that some lovely person has completely smashed off my passenger side wing mirror. The folding mech had started to go so it was on my list of thing to look at but not quite like this.

What are my options here? There's a couple of small garages very close to where it's parked and also a Honda Service Centre, they're all closed at the moment. How straight forward is it to change a mirror? I'm not massively keen on driving far how it is. Any ideas what a garage would charge for this job?

Photos attatched (hopefully) IMG_20200605_194115113.jpgIMG_20200605_194125259.jpgIMG-20200605-WA0012.jpeg

Take the cover off the inside of the door and you'll see how easy it is.

Just make sure you get the folding powered unit to replace it. There were loads on eBay last time I looked, but better with warranty!

£188 new from Cox: https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/hon...er-side-mirrror-body-power-folding-2006-2011/
SRP is £230.24
Worth noting though that the coloured cap and indicator are separate so if they're gone then it's even more.

Exploded view shows it better:

B__4300.jpg

Looks like one bolt to hold it in at the bottom and it'll slot in at the top.

That's great thanks!

I'll take a look at getting the old one off tomorrow. I did take a quick look on ebay and there were a few but none in the right colour. Is the Type R wing mirror the same as the standard Civic or is it a different design?

It's the same, just make sure you get power folding, assuming you have a GT.

Mines a bit slow and whiney, I might try to encourage some lubricant in there. That diagram helps, thanks
That will also likely be the Shut Off Device (SOD). The bulletin for it is in the FN2 common faults thread.

Back