• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone know a stealer who stocks tyres?

As per title, my MOT is due at the end of the month, and I need new tyres. Honda are being useless

They stock 1 continental in their network (Croydon Honda, so possibly SE england) and don't know when they will get more in, and seemingly cannot order any in.

I have seen camskill have a 'civic fitment', but I'm still not completely sure that they (or other online stores) will give me the right type (seems there's more than 1 variety in the same OEM fitment).

Failing that... Anyone used pilot sport 4S, if so how do they compare? And what size did you get? Continentals preferred though.

Any thoughts welcomed

I believe the 4s are the tyre to have right now but I spent a week trying to source a set of 4 before I gave up an went for the P Zeros in the MO (merc) spec.

Rocking horse poo in 235/35/19.

Have you tried black circles and Asda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't bother with the Conti's personally,
Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 5 are rated up there along with p4s and conti but a chunk cheaper. Check tyre reviews youtube and website. Their website is kind of like a tyre dealer comparison site too. Might be worth a look to try and source some.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Conti don't do the lipped version that the car originally came with

Honda said I was down to 3 mm on the fronts at my service 10 days ago, but their Amstrad said they were out of stock as well at the moment.

It was the same when Dream tried ordering them for me 18 months ago, they even e-mailed Conti in Germany and they were useless, not sure when they would make again.

So I stockpiled 4 barely used of here, but will be now looking to get the ps4s next...sounds like a need to plan to get the as well though well in advance..

You’d be much better off doing the tyres yourself, dealers always charge more.

I’ve just ordered 4 PS4S In 255/35/R20 for £640 fitted with blackcircles.com, getting them fitted on Friday at my local tyre place.

The Continental sport contact 6’s are good tyres imo but the wear rate is insane, I can’t justify £220 Or more a tyre every 6K or less miles!

The Michelin PS4S in this size are regarded widely as better option for a balance of price/performance and wear rate. I figure I’ll give them a go and if I don’t like them I’ll try another option next time. Falken FK510’s or Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Sport’s were on my short list but for the price I had to go for the Michelin’s.

yeah I would never get them from the dealer, I was more interested if they had them

I am wary of local garages fitting tyres, but found a good one locally

That's a great price though fair play....!

Thanks for the replies - I only wanted to go with the dealership as I wanted the correct (lipped) Contisport6. I've tried 4 of them now and none have any (one even said they get their tyres from kwik fit!).

I think i'll go with the P4S, was going to pull the trigger on the same size (245/30/R20), but Redcap - that price for the 255/35/R20 is crazy... wonder what the real world performance difference would be!

Thanks for the replies - I only wanted to go with the dealership as I wanted the correct (lipped) Contisport6. I've tried 4 of them now and none have any (one even said they get their tyres from kwik fit!).

I think i'll go with the P4S, was going to pull the trigger on the same size (245/30/R20), but Redcap - that price for the 255/35/R20 is crazy... wonder what the real world performance difference would be!

The speedo will be slightly out. That’s about it. More rim protection too.

I tried to get a set of MPS4S right before lockdown but nobody had stock in the OEM 245/30 and I didn’t want to size up. STS ordered me some Conti’s and to my surprise the CTR version with the lip turned up! They are coming off in a month for cup 2’s. Might be for sale if you need some more for your collection @ FaNtheMaN

From what others have fed back the rim protection and ride quality are better due to the taller sidewall. Performance wise I haven’t come across any negative feedback so I’m hoping I will be pleased with my choice.

I do mainly motorway miles and 6K miles a year so it will be interesting to compare the wear rate to the Conti’s, I got 11.5k out of them but I did rotate them at around 7-8k. I would still get some life out of them but they are just through to the belt on the inside edge but have 3-3.5 mm on the outside edge

The 245/30 and 255/30 sizes are too expensive at £220-230 each. How bad can the 255/35 size be for £50-60 less per tyre?

Go on "willtheyfit" and compare oem specs vs these. Will tell you how much the speedo will be off

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

As per title, my MOT is due at the end of the month, and I need new tyres. Honda are being useless

They stock 1 continental in their network (Croydon Honda, so possibly SE england) and don't know when they will get more in, and seemingly cannot order any in.

I have seen camskill have a 'civic fitment', but I'm still not completely sure that they (or other online stores) will give me the right type (seems there's more than 1 variety in the same OEM fitment).

Failing that... Anyone used pilot sport 4S, if so how do they compare? And what size did you get? Continentals preferred though.

Any thoughts welcomed

I’ve just ordered 2 of the ‘Civic Fitment’ tyres off Camskill. I will let you know if they are the right tyres when they arrive next week.

Back