• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Hard Decision

So my biased opinion is that I find most German cars lacking in personality and they are dreadfully dull, they are also extremely common. I considered the Scirocco R (Mainly as it is less common and looks better) and the Golf R but I felt they were overpriced and I struggled to get excited about owning one. I never actually test drove either of them. I had a test drive in the FK8 and decided it wasn’t worth bothering with the VW’s for the reasons I mentioned. I see plenty of Golf R’s around all the time but I rarely see other FK8 CTR’s. I like to drive something which is a bit different so this was appealing. The styling isn’t to everyone’s taste but the car has presence. At the end of the day there’s not much to choose between the best hot hatches on the market, I guess it depends on what your priorities are but I have not regretted buying the FK8 for one second.

I'm looking at getting a Golf R at the minute. The FK8 looks good from the front but looks hideous from the back (unless it's black to hide the fake grilles on the bumper).

I've had lots of 4wd performance cars and they suit my driving style (lazy ). It'll never see a track in my ownership so that side of it doesn't matter to me at all.

Plus the VW garage is a 10 minute walk from my house

I'm looking at getting a Golf R at the minute. The FK8 looks good from the front but looks hideous from the back (unless it's black to hide the fake grilles on the bumper).

I've had lots of 4wd performance cars and they suit my driving style (lazy ). It'll never see a track in my ownership so that side of it doesn't matter to me at all.

Plus the VW garage is a 10 minute walk from my house

It’s not a bad car it is good and as you say suits the lazier driver who wants to go fast. Enjoy.

I hope this helps. After months of research and looking at
Reviews and YouTube videos I test drove some cars last week:
Hyundai I30 N performance.
Focus Rs.
Audi S3
Civic Type R FK8.
Golf R.
The best two to drive were the focus and the Type R. It then came down
to the cockpit, where you will spend all of your time. The focus was cheap
And was like any other focus, whilst the MPG of the RS was hideous.
The drive of the Civic even though 2 wheel drive is so refined, balanced and
Engaging. The bonus of the civics are the service packs also.
The whole styling and look of the car has grown on me massively.
Hope this helps.

Back