• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Alignment/Geometry

Anyone on here had their wheel alignment checked or adjusted?

I’m mainly concerned with adverse tyre wear. There’s no other indication that my car is out of alignment other than the tyres wearing unevenly.

Type R’s are know for having a higher wear rate on the inside edge of tyres which is usually down to camber settings I believe rather than alignment.

How much adjustment is possible with the standard set up? I’m guessing not much.

When I got new front tyres fitted they mentioned the excessive wear, can't remember if it was inner or outer.

They offered laser alignment around £60 but I gave it a miss at the time.

You wouldn't expect a new car with 12k miles to need alignment but you never know ......

I had 4 wheel alignment done at approx 16-17k due to excessive tyre wear. all 4 wheels had to be aligned as they where all slightly out. Guy at the garage recommend I have it checked yearly because of the crap roads and huge wheels we have :lol:

Get the alignment done. My front tyres went at 6k due to wear on the inner so you couldnt tell. I had what I thought was a slow puncture, massively off front and back. The air leakage was due to the wear, totally shredded.

I wouldn't agree that a new car wouldn't be out of alignment, if you ask on here the majority of those who have had alignment checked within the first year have said its out. Some people take it straight from the dealer to get checked as standard practice.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Back