• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Aftermarket wheel fitment

After getting a refurb done on one of the OEM wheels due to a pothole and an increased commute after lockdown (price of tyres) I'm considering a new set of alloys. At the minute the car is a daily driver but have plans to do the occasional track day maybe once, max twice a year.

I'm leaning towards 19 inch over 18 just from a cosmetic perspective but not 100% yet. Any advice of fitment so there is no rubbing/adjustment would be great.

My initial thought was to go for 19x9 et50 after I had seen a set of Rota pro R in this size. Figured it was close to the OEM offset and a bit wider to compensate. It would bring them out by about 16mm vs stock which is a plus.

Also seen some Bola B1s, 19x9.5 et 45. My understanding is this is the max size without causing any rubbing, can anyone verify? These would also sit pretty much flush which is attractive.

However they're both cast and probably just as heavy as the OEM wheel. So some other light flow formed options I'd seen:

- Bola FLD 19x9.5 et45
- Bola FLB 18x8.5 et45 (super cheap tyres but not sure cosmetically due to size and vs oem, lower offset but no widened track, super light too, also only about £700 for a set)
- Zito Zf-X 19x9 et45

I'm looking at a budget of about £1000 for a full set, wheels only. All of the above, bar the cheaper FLBs, are around that.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Personally I would only down size to 19’s with 245/35R19 Tyres. This keeps the tyres the same as OE width and diameter.

I would also go for an offset no lower than 40 depending on the wheel width, I think 9” with a 40 offset won’t rub assuming you haven’t fitted tyres with excessive sidewall and or width dimensions and you suspension isn’t lowered.

You will find WAY more info on the CivicX forum where the members in the states have tried pretty much every option.

Careful, I got shot down when I was looking at rota or bola wheels! Something along the lines of 'why buy this car and put it in primark trainers!!!'

Careful, I got shot down when I was looking at rota or bola wheels! Something along the lines of 'why buy this car and put it in primark trainers!!!'
Haha class. Jesus it's a nice car but not exactly a ferrari!

I changed to 18" as soon as I brought the car home.
From Tegiwa, Apex EC-7 Anthracite 18 x 8.5 ET35. With Michelin 245 x 40
Not in your budget though (£1350)
Had them Ceramic coated with the rest of the car & love them.
They fill the arches better, no problems with pot-holes or punctures & I cant tell any difference in the way the car handles.
For me it was a no-brainer.

What makes you say that about the offset? I get the performance advantage by having et60 but was it that noticable when commuting?

What makes you say that about the offset? I get the performance advantage by having et60 but was it that noticable when commuting?

No car was absolutely perfect for commuting, for me and the places I drive going to 18’s was the best thing ever, it’s when you’re really on it I felt a tad more torque steer, slightly less planted than OEM, plus the wheels were
aligned and balanced yet inside edge worn down faster than the rest of the tyre.
Whatever you go for it makes sense to get as close to the 60 offset as you can that’s what the car was designed for.

That's why I was looking to maybe go slider wider to hopefully counter the reduced offset. I initially saw some rota pro r's. 19x9 et50. Figured that was the best all round but I do fancy some light ones so started looking at flow formed wheels

Back