• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Parking sensor in the rain

Anyone else's parking sensor go off on the front randomly in the rain for prolonged periods? Or after the rain, assume due to water run. Dealer told me its a known problem but no fix for type r's sue to the bumper. Issue hasn't happened in a good few months but with a weekend of rain reappeared.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Anyone else's parking sensor go off on the front randomly in the rain for prolonged periods? Or after the rain, assume due to water run. Dealer told me its a known problem but no fix for type r's sue to the bumper. Issue hasn't happened in a good few months but with a weekend of rain reappeared.

Yep, that is a standard "feature", it has been know by Honda for over 18 months and a fix has not been released for the CTR or the other CTR shaped Civics (back order for over 12 months). My wife's 1lt Civic has the same issue but it is worse on the CTR.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I complained about this when I put the car in for a service last August. A fix was apparently imminent and the dealer would be in touch. Haven't heard a thing since ........

I went to Lancaster Honda for a service and mentioned it to the service manager , he said that there is a fix but parts are scarce. He said he would do his best , car went in on Wednesday new grill not sure what else all good so far . Would highly recommend Lancaster Honda great service

I've heard the replacement panel to fix the rain sensor issue ain't much cop either. the black plastic isn't quite as nice quality/glossy as the original. think I'll live with it. Also, the car stops complaining about it once you get over 15mph as it's only the front parking sensor....not the collison avoidance sensor (thankfully).

My issue is that if it goes off and I'm driving at low speed, say in a car park, I will turn it off to shut it up then forgot its off. Annoying!

Back