• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 2020 grille

So I did a track day at Donington this week. It was only 13 degrees C, but I was pushing the car hard and the temperature gauge didn't move at all. I seem to recall it increasing on cooler days rather than staying exactly the same, but I won't know for sure until I test it on a warmer day.

In any case, positive first impressions! Removing the huge number plate plinth will also be adding to the cooling effect too. All it needs now is a smaller front number plate :)

Civic-Donington.jpg

Got my car in bits at the moment, hopefully have it fitted by next week, I removed the plinth ages ago, looks much better.

So I did a track day at Donington this week. It was only 13 degrees C, but I was pushing the car hard and the temperature gauge didn't move at all. I seem to recall it increasing on cooler days rather than staying exactly the same, but I won't know for sure until I test it on a warmer day.

In any case, positive first impressions! Removing the huge number plate plinth will also be adding to the cooling effect too. All it needs now is a smaller front number plate :)

Gauge must be broken :p. Ha no, thats good news, hope your reading NGK!!

Awesome pic by the way, I love donington for the elevation changes, as a spectator just plonked on the grass on the infield, isn't many better and wider views

Need to get that plinth off too...

I know the US Cars have the crashbar right behind the bumper, but I wonder if the FK8 would benefit from some EP3-Esque cutouts where the numberplate is? - A properly done cutout with some mesh could look decent enough, and would be right on a spot of high aerodynamic pressure.

Numberplate could go "Alfa style" on the left / right mesh just above the parking sensor...

LUk9yFC.png

(Cutout in black :p)

I know the US Cars have the crashbar right behind the bumper, but I wonder if the FK8 would benefit from some EP3-Esque cutouts where the numberplate is? - A properly done cutout with some mesh could look decent enough, and would be right on a spot of high aerodynamic pressure.

Numberplate could go "Alfa style" on the left / right mesh just above the parking sensor...

LUk9yFC.png

(Cutout in black :p)

Plate looks hideous there but not half a bad idea, I always remove my plate on track anyway.

Numberplate could go "Alfa style" on the left / right mesh just above the parking sensor...[/IMG]
We also have a crash bar right behind the bumper in that position sadly :(

We also have a crash bar right behind the bumper in that position sadly :(

Air would flow around it still.

That'd be my hope - If you wanted to get _really_ creative I wonder if you could squeeze a long oil cooler just in front of the crashbar?

More feasibly though, either just allowing the air to buffet it's way around the crash bar or adding a plastic guide to the front of the crash bar to guide the flow around and into the rad:- Once the air is past the exterior bumper, a bit of ducting over the crash bar should (In theory at least) produce a bit of a bernoulli effect to increase the pressure differential over the radiator, which would bump up cooling.

If only there was some "accessible" cfd software :p

Was looking for the correct grille part number for the facelift 2020-2021 front grille with the parking sensors holes pre drilled and chanced upon this thread.

It should be 71121-TGH-E81

Just putting it here in case someone searches for it. :)

Back