• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Exhaust and standard height springs advise needed

Hello everyone,

As a fresh ep3 owner I obviously love it! But there are two things that I need to address soon(ish). I'm using my ep3 as a daily driver and...

My first issue is ep3 being a bit too low. It has eibach lowering springs (30mm) and as far as I love how it looks low I can't go over my driveway (it's really nasty) and speed bumps at my work place (speed limit 10 mph but the bumps are making you to slow down almost to 0mph). I'm thinking about coming back standard height springs because all the bumps are stressing me out so hard. So the standard spring should give me "back" of 30mm of height - not much but I really feel bad about the underneath of the front bumper and I'm worried that I can damage it by scratching it on everyday basis. Is my only option are the stock ep3 standard springs? I was trying to look for alternatives but then realised why the hell anyone would like to make type r higher (which I totally understand). I was looking on ebay, gumtree for standard springs but so far no luck.
I'll keep my set of einbach springs "just in case I'll be into modding in the next couple of months or a year" or eventually I'll move and change job.

Other thing is drone noise in the cabin coming from I believe exhaust. My ep3 got fitted HKS hi power backbox. Sounds really good but when I'm driving 60-80mph the noise in the cabin is quite annoying. Is it caused by my backbox or can be potentially something else? I have no details about the rest of the exhaust but I believe it's stock. Is the standard backbox much quieter or just a bit quieter than the HKS hi power backbox and not worth "downgrading"?

I presume your eibach springs are red? Ie the lower “sport line” ones. I have eibach pro on mine (the black ones) and they’re less crashy than the stock springs. Only a touch lower too. Had no issues with them and come recommended from many EP3 owners.

Exhaust - not sure. The HKS is a lovely piece of kit. Stock exhaust is very quiet. You’ll probably want to change back! :lol:

Hope that helps mate.

Thank you for your reply Craig!

I'll think about springs you mentioned. I saw on cox motors front springs are available to buy. But I have one more question is there point having standard height in front and keeping lowered in the back (until I won't find a set of rear ones?

Thank you for your reply Craig!

I'll think about springs you mentioned. I saw on cox motors front springs are available to buy. But I have one more question is there point having standard height in front and keeping lowered in the back (until I won't find a set of rear ones?

No worries bud. I wouldn't use mismatched springs. I'd buy the full set of eibach pros and swap them all over in one.

I have the same exhaust as you, HKS hipower, and yeah, when going at a pace it's quite loud / bit droney. Normal with the exhaust (same goes for most aftermarket exhausts, i imagine). Like said above you would probably kick yourself if you went to a standard backbox because the car will no longer make a nice sound out the back.

Back