• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Fk2 Automatic exterior mirrors

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask if any member knows if it is possible to fold in the exterior mirrors whilst in the car for getting through tight spaces?
Also can you set the mirrors so they stay folded when the driver's door is opened.
The reason I am asking is my neighbour is putting up a fence between our adjacent drives on his land which leaves me very little room to get in and out of my car and as space is a premium I just wondered if I could drive in and out with the mirrors folded which would give me more room .
Regards Fred.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask if any member knows if it is possible to fold in the exterior mirrors whilst in the car for getting through tight spaces?

Just press the button on the driver's door :)

The little button next to L - R

Last edited by a moderator:
I always find that reading the handbook is good for finding out how to do things and what all the switches do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I always find that reading the handbook is good for finding out how to do things and what all the switches do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes I was going to have a look this morning as it was late and thought to ask fellow members as well. Many thanks.

Hi, Does every FK2 have power folding as my one doesnt?! UK model 2017

It's easy to check. On the fob press once to lock, then press again but hold your finger down for about 3 secs ,if they are they will fold in. Regards Fred. As said above it might just be the Gt that have power folding mirrors.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easy to check. On the fob press once to lock, then press again but hold your finger down for about 3 secs ,if they are they will fold in. Regards Fred. As said above it might just be the get that have power folding mirrors.

Thank you for your response I will give that a go but yes I do not have the GT model so most likely not got it as I don't have that lane assist camera either. Damn coming from a celica I had power folding on a Y reg

Thank you for your response I will give that a go but yes I do not have the GT model so most likely not got it as I don't have that lane assist camera either. Damn coming from a celica I had power folding on a Y reg

Only a minor detail. Just look what else you've got a type r that flies. Regards Fred.

Back