• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Mmmmm jerky

When I'm sat on the dual carriageway commuting I put cruise on and the car is a little bit jerky, a bit snatchy. Is that an FN2 CTR trait or is that a sign my engine mounts might be a bit tired? I retrofitted cruise control to a very track spec car previously and even on race coilovers it wasn't as bad as this. It feels like the throttle control is a little bit dumb.

Any suggestions or is that normal?

Thank you.

sometimes my CC feels as though it is shoving the brakes on especially going down hill, on the flat I have not noticed it.
that said using the acc/dec button has some real lag before the car responds.

I'm still thinking I've got sloppy engine mounts. I might try fitting the inserts before going the whole hog, they ain't cheap.

I may start by just stiffening up the ones I can get to, the others look like a sod and I don't want to make work for myself.

I might be wrong but I think speaking to most FN2 owners they all have a bit of jerkyness especially when cold. If they remapped on flash pro / k100 I think this is eliminated, Mine isn’t mapped and does get jerky when cold but did get better when I installed new front shocks.

It's not so much when cold, it can be any time, but its mainly at small throttle openings. As you say it could just be a charateristic of the car, but I've only ever tried mine.

I've just been out in a car with lower mileage than mine and its the same. I suspect I'm trying to put a luxury car standard on a stiffly sprung car and wondering why it doesn't make the grade... Thanks all

Mine is quite jerky when cold, and it seems to do the mid-revs hesitation thing when warming up also.

As for my cruise control, I've found it knocks itself off sometimes and won't go back on, and also the live-MPG readout regularly shows 25mpg even at 70mph on cruise.

I'm putting new plugs in put heard various things on this being a magical problem solver. No plug change in my limited service history so worth doing for £200 me thinks.

Most of that cost is the labour involved in getting at the plugs on the FN2 in the first place.
Bloody silly design when you compare to the access available on the EP3

Most of that cost is the labour involved in getting at the plugs on the FN2 in the first place.
Bloody silly design when you compare to the access available on the EP3

Yeah, I thought £200 was a bit steep when I first heard it on the phone but looking into it seems reasonable I guess.

Yep
I haven't had mine done yet but will try to get a package deal and get plugs and valves done together - only one load of labour getting access then.

Back