• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Misire fault codes / faulty injector

What's up guys! My EP3 recently flagged up an engine management light and after calling a mobile mechanic round to plug his diagnostic machine in, it turns out there's a misfire on cylinders 1 & 4. I decided to firstly change the spark plugs as they've been in there 5 years, so ordered up and fitted some nice new NGK laser iridium's. Absolutely no difference after starting the car so i decided to take the car down to my local mechanic (well respected, doing it for donkeys years) and have just had a call from him saying injector 1 is kaput. He hasn't yet flow tested the other injectors or done compression tests etc, he just wanted to let me know before proceeding with anything else.

Now after inquiring with Honda on the price, i'm told a new injector is £392.21 incl VAT. :eek: I want to tell him to go ahead and order it up but we're not even sure the other injectors are going to be ok!

I'd obviously like to use Honda parts for reassurance, but i don't think i can stretch to having two replaced (fingers crossed i won't need too).

Thoughts? Has anyone had experience with other branded injectors? Would it be worth trying to source a 2nd hand one and if so, how would i even tell it would be any good?

Thanks in advance guys :)

Back