• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Climate control module replacement

Replaced the climate control module today took five minutes,no more faffing with the touch screen or waiting for it to awake on start up,much easier and safer to make adjustments whilst on the move,you do lose the sync mode but that's all,no worries,all other functions work as factory,love it.

Attachments

• ac module.jpg
    ac module.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 73
Nice one, so what's the crack with this as I have seen it done, but can't remember is it off another non R civic?

But you lose dual zone? I literally couldn't do it if so, 'Er indoors' thermostat is screwed, i have it on lo, hers is 20....

Found on ebay,my version is LHD,but they are to be found in RHD from civic 1.0 turbo i believe,maybe other versions too,just need to do your searching.

Nicely done!
Just wondering do your mirrors heat up ok? I read on the US site about a guy using a similar part from a non-UK car and lost either the mirrors or rear windows heating, I can't remember which?
I looked into doing this a while ago but never saw a UK part come up on the used market.

You have to be a very special person if you can't use the original system.
That mod looks sh!te.
Also looking at the picture, the module is sticking out where it meets the screen at the bottom.

That mod looks sh!te.
Also looking at the picture, the module is sticking out where it meets the screen at the bottom.

It is awfully slow to react sometimes though, I find it a bit annoying. So I can appreciate why this is a thing.

That’s because the side trim is missing.

I don’t really see the need to change it but each to their own. I don’t get why anyone wants a volume knob either? Completely pointless, what’s wrong with the steering wheel control?

I wondered when some would notice the trim's not in place,and the module is not fully home while i tested it.
I personally think it's far easier to make quick adjustments,with knob on the right to alter fan speed,button on right to turn ac on and off,everyone will have their own opinions this is just mine,as you say Redcap, to each their own.

That mod looks sh!te.

Looking to make friends fast 1pound? Chill mate with your attitude

Really sorry but not for me, i'm afraid. Just don't like the look of it and don't touch the heating often enough for it to bother me.

Not knocking you for doing it though. Each to their own and clearly it bothers you enough, so well done for doing it.

If it didn't lose the dual zone, I'd certainly do it.

What I want more than anything else is the ability to set a maximum fan speed in auto mode, as Ford has - Can't stand the WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO of max fan, but to change fan it leaves auto mode!

Back