• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Nürburgring Bridge to Gantry FN2

Obviously none of you would ever time your laps on Touristenfahrten, but maybe you did a track day there.... those who have taken their FN2 to the ring, what were your Bridge to Gantry times, with what mods fitted?

Cheers

I had Audi S3 8P:
APR Stage 3, Custom 3” exhaust, VW Carbonio Intake, upgraded fuel pump & injectors, forged pistons and rods, Neuspeed pulley, short shift, lightweight wheels plus many others.

Ring Time: 8m 52s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had Audi S3 8P:
APR Stage 3, Custom 3” exhaust, VW Carbonio Intake, upgraded fuel pump & injectors, forged pistons and rods, Neuspeed pulley, short shift, lightweight wheels plus many others.

Ring Time: 8m 52s

I was after FN2 really.

Did you stop for an icecream? I was only 30 seconds slower in a MK1 MX5.... :D :smt058

I was after FN2 really.

Did you stop for an icecream? I was only 30 seconds slower in a MK1 MX5.... :D :smt058

No excuses but ring was busy and only had 5 laps, but I could have took time off but a little fear held me back a bit as it was my ride home

But post what I did do rather than what I could lol

LOL yeah only kidding, chasing a lap time is normally how you end up on the Bongard. I've never timed, but I have reviewed video afterwards.

Better a slower lap and getting back to the UK without £5k debt for a bent barrier and car repairs.

LOL yeah only kidding, chasing a lap time is normally how you end up on the Bongard. I've never timed, but I have reviewed video afterwards.

Better a slower lap and getting back to the UK without £5k debt for a bent barrier and car repairs.

Aww no offence taken ... I have raced with a few companies in the past and done faster laps in similar cars than my own. I have no issue pushing my car but it always yours and on a racer nicks and bumps are a possibility but you don’t want a crash or potential write-off lol

He knows the track very well ...
What idiot who has not done plenty at that track does not wear a helmet??

It's a tourist day, no requirement to do so, but I would certainly do so.

I only go on dedicated track days, they're massively more expensive, but you can be there all day and for the most part the people there are more experienced, everyone is paying a lot of money to be there and generally driving very expensive cars, so in theory it's a bit safer. Fewer young lads in £500 cars they could not care less about driving like they're on a playstation.

However, the flip side of that is, lots of GT3 RS who have insane pace around there, so you look in your mirror one second, nothing there, look again and an angry 911 is filling up your mirror trying to get past.

I'm going in early September, subject to getting my FN2 fixed.

Won't be as fast as this guy, but I'll have a lot of fun.

Helmets are required on track days.

I always wear a helmet on my own, but if I take a passenger who can't get hold of one I don't wear one either. If our heads hit each other during an accident the one not wearing a helmet is going to get proper screwed up...

As you say, on track days its mandatory.

I always wear a helmet on my own, but if I take a passenger who can't get hold of one I don't wear one either. If our heads hit each other during an accident the one not wearing a helmet is going to get proper screwed up...

As you say, on track days its mandatory.

I always wear a helmet. If any passengers don’t have one they don’t come in. I won’t risk my safety for anyone.

I always wear a helmet. If any passengers don’t have one they don’t come in. I won’t risk my safety for anyone.

^^^This!^^^

IMG-0083-enlarged.jpg

I was involved in this a few years ago, there were fluids on the road at the corner, we came off at about 70mph but was fairly minor. No injuries, scraped the barrier and the bumper came off stopping us from driving. We got out and stood behind the barrier and this carnage happened in front of us, as many other cars lost traction at the same point. Some people got very badly hurt. It was quite traumatic tbh, as it was metres away from us, cars make a lot of noise when they collide with things at 100mph.

A BMW Z4M bounced off barriers each side of the road, and then rolled opposite us at very high speed, (after he'd already hit a motorcyclist), the passenger in the BMW was in a very bad way, they had helmets on too, but without a roll cage, it's very likely you're going to get injured in a roll. The motorcyclist as I understand it was paralysed from the legs down. The BMW driver had to go to court, I don't know what the outcome was, but he was in a lot of legal and financial hot water. I was contacted by a German court and asked to give evidence, at one point I was going to have to fly out there as a witness but ended up just having to put in writing.

This was a tourist day, so essentially it's considered a road and you can get done for dangerous driving. I don't think many people who go filming themselves being heroes realise this. This is another reason why I'd recommend doing a proper track day, because you're not open to any prosecution, it's just the cost of any damage you cause in the worst case.

We were very lucky in that regard, because the barrier we hit, had been hit the day before (hence the fluids on the road) and so we weren't charged anything, but the guy the day before had to pay 7.5k euros for the barriers to be replaced, plus costs of call out and clean up. From memory we were charged about 400 euros to get the car transported off the track and fluids cleaned. The costs should have been a lot higher for all the accident investigators, ambulance etc, but the guy in the BMW essentially got singled out and lumbered with most of the costs. We had to pay c£2k to get it transported back to UK as well, so it was a very expensive lap and a complete nightmare trying to sort out all the mess of getting car transported and getting home etc.

It was a good reminder that things can and do go wrong and at high speeds, the outcomes can be life changing or life threatening in worse case, not to mention bankrupting or at least savings destroying. It's always on my mind at track days, as it should be, safer to be a hero on a sim and be cautious on a track, especially the ring. :)

I don't suppose you know Nige Pinder do you? He does a lot of the Destination Nurburgring track days, I see him now and again. Drives a very rapid mk2 golf with a lot of aero.

I don't suppose you know Nige Pinder do you? He does a lot of the Destination Nurburgring track days, I see him now and again. Drives a very rapid mk2 golf with a lot of aero.
I've seen him on the Track Time Facebook page. That golf with him in it goes really well! Lovely bit of kit he's built.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

i am yet to go in my JDM EP3, but hope to get out next year.

Havent been for a while, but used to go a couple of times a year. Only documented fastest time was an 8:34 in my megane engine'd Clio 200.

Possibly went a bit faster in an Impreza Spec-c I had on one trip, but cant say for sure.

Managed a 10:01 in a Fiat Panda 100hp.... 4-up.

All of the above is no use to you ***, as its not in a FN2.

A wonderful place, but as mentioned, can be a life changer in a few split seconds.

No, but I'm pretty sure there was a very well sorted Mk2 golf like that last year. We're going on the 3/4th Sept DN track day this year. Last year it was the October one.

Back